Is this the year the Penguins miss the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
The next week will be telling.

They have to have an incredible streak start up to make it. They put themselves in a big hole. Other teams ahead of them also have to falter.

It can be done but it wont be easy. And with the way they have been playing, I'm not overly confident they can get their collective heads out of their asses to do it.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Lol, Malkin dont let a team miss the playoffs.

Considering that Crosby outproduced Malkin by 37% in the five years before 17/18, and Crosby was just as important last year when the Pens made their run in January, and was the reason the Pens climbed back into contention in 15/16, this statement is false.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Considering that Crosby outproduced Malkin by 37% in the five years before 17/18, and Crosby was just as important last year when the Pens made their run in January, and was the reason the Pens climbed back into contention in 15/16, this statement is false.
I think he's just alluding to the fact Malkin has never missed the playoffs.

Reactions: Casanova

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009

How many times have Crosby missed the playoffs? How many times have Malkin missed the playoffs?

Your statement is the false one Daver, as usual.

Since you probably wont answer the questions, Crosby missed the playoffs in 05-06, and Malkin have NEVER missed the playoffs.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
How many times have Crosby missed the playoffs? How many times have Malkin missed the playoffs?

Your statement is the false one Daver, as usual.

Since you probably wont answer the questions, Crosby missed the playoffs in 05-06, and Malkin have NEVER missed the playoffs.

You were implying that Malkin played a bigger role in the Pens making the playoffs where everything points to Crosby.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Is this the same Guentzel who as of the time you posted the above, had 6g/12pts in 18 games? That's a 27g/55pt pace. Quite the slump there. :laugh:

FYI, he's now up to 8g/15pts in 20 games (32g/60pt pace)... is he still "slumping" ?? I guess those 5 pts makes all the difference... :sarcasm:

Guess it's a good thing he's a much better player then Tom Wilson.

I was referring to the eye test, not his stats. Guentzel has looked frustrated and discouraged for most of the season. He also has never looked as good in the regular season as he does in playoffs--a lot of fans were hoping he'd take that next step this year. (Or hoping he wouldn't, so we could save money on his next contract.) I like Guentzel and the Penguins, though, so I don't know why you're coming after me.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Malkin, Crosby and Kessel are now exactly same aged as Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen were at 2009-10 season. Detroit guys never got past 2nd round since.

I predict same for the Pens. They will push for the playoffs, but won't get past 2nd round anymore, ever, with that core.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Malkin, Crosby and Kessel are now exactly same aged as Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen were at 2009-10 season. Detroit guys never got past 2nd round since.

I predict same for the Pens. They will push for the playoffs, but won't get past 2nd round anymore, ever, with that core.
At 31 Crosby is also the same age as Yzerman was when he won his first cup. I don't see the parallels to the Zetterberg Datsyuk wings. Crosby Malkin are better players and the pens have been the most successful team of the era.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
You were implying that Malkin played a bigger role in the Pens making the playoffs where everything points to Crosby.

I did not. I said Malkin have never missed the playoffs.

As always Daver, wrong.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Lol, Malkin dont let a team miss the playoffs.

I did not. I said Malkin have never missed the playoffs.

As always Daver, wrong.

Here is your quote: You are saying Malkin wouldn't let his team miss the playoffs.

Maybe you meant something different but do you agree that Crosby has played the bigger role in getting the Pens to the playoffs since 2006/07?

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Here is your quote: You are saying Malkin wouldn't let his team miss the playoffs.

Maybe you meant something different but do you agree that Crosby has played the bigger role in getting the Pens to the playoffs since 2006/07?

I didnt say that. Once again you lie Daver, why do you interact with people if you dont listen/read what they say? I said "Malkin dont let a team miss the playoffs."

In no way whatsoever did I mention Crosby.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Just because you infer something does not mean that was being implicated. His post doesn't read like you think it does

Reactions: Casanova

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Just because you infer something does not mean that was being implicated. His post doesn't read like you think it does

This is a poster who argues that Malkin is the best player over the past 5 or 6 years because he has the highest pts/60 and that Malkin deserved the Smythe over Crosby in 2017.

Forgive me for possibly taking their post out of context.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
I think they squeak in and get swept in the first round by the caps or the jackets. they're quickly turning into LA east.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think they squeak in and get swept in the first round by the caps or the jackets. they're quickly turning into LA east.

I don't see this at all, neither with getting swept or turning into LA east. If they make the playoffs, there isn't a reason to bet against them because they have proven time and time again that they can get it done there. It's just a question of them getting there.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
As a Caps fan I almost hope they get in. The second round just wouldn't be the same without the hated Pens.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
The Pens' slump is deeply concerning -- the league needs to do something about it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If we do, Uncle Gary is gonna rig the lottery again and we'll get Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad