Is this the year Canada realizes that their system simply DOES NOT work

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
-Deploying near to the credit line players, most of them returnees.

-Who are the future 4th liners at best in NHL.

-They are robots, where the skilled players do not need to apply for this "system of excellence"

-WJH' cause is to develop future stars for the world class leagues not for the AHL.

-What Canadian NHL coach is doing in this tournament anyway?

-WJH became a cash cow for CANADA and TSN. Who cares about real hockey, if Canadians marvel about future third liner, crazy Mr Downie. There is something critically wrong here.

-Canada is trying to buy WJH results year in and year out.

-To watch Canadian juniors play is like watching war and peace.
There is no peace and war on their minds. Fewer skills are compensated by speed and playing trap-crap.

-If US are trying to develop their future stars, Canada develops nothing, employing physical specimen on steroids, who can play 4th line duty on any given NHL team right away.

-There is no room for development for Canadian junior players, they are done, finished.

-This is called as the world class cheating

-The more people realize this, the better.

-But who cares. There is another gold coming. Right?

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
It is an international hockey tournament, not a developmental tournament for young prospects. The goal is to win gold and canada has done that the last two years. I would say their system works pretty well.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Well, they won the last tow years so their system is working...

But this is just an international ice hockey competition. Teams pick players who they think will win for their country.

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton

-They are robots, where the skilled players do not need to apply for this "system of excellence"

-WJH' cause is to develop future stars for the world class leagues not for the AHL.

-WJH became a cash cow for CANADA and TSN. Who cares about real hockey, if Canadians marvel about future third liner, crazy Mr Downie. There is something critically wrong here.

There is no peace and war on their minds. Fewer skills are compensated by speed and playing trap-crap.

-If US are trying to develop their future stars, Canada develops nothing, employing physical specimen on steroids, who can play 4th line duty on any given NHL team right away.

-There is no room for development for Canadian junior players, they are done, finished.

Somebody is way off and bitter. Go outside and gets some air you will feel better

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

Good to have the Senator around for a little comic relief:)

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
You know you've failed when people don't know if this is serious or not.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
:yo:

:biglaugh:

Always nice to hear from a bitter opponent that knows their beaten by a superior country.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
Weird post, but I'll try to make some sense of it. Despite having as good (or better)talent as any country to choose from, Hockey Canada always chooses a "team" rather than an all-star team. Every year they take a good number of guys whose upside is no better than 3rd/4th liner in the NHL (if that). Look at current Canadians playing in that role in the NHL, and many of them were distinguished WJs. Talbot, Laich, Ward, Murray, Sutherby, McClement, etc. (But of course there are so many others in higher profile roles; there's no point listing them.)

I can't figure out why that's a bad thing, unless the WJ are supposed to be a showcase for the best individual U20 talent in the world. If I'm Hockey Canada, I'll try foremost to put together a winning team rather than a scout or prospect fan's dream team. As a fan, I love watching the draft eligibles and the drafted guys, but I like it better when my team wins. And I get as much fan enjoyment out of watching a Toews breakaway as I do a Cliche penalty kill. It's all part of the same game -- a team game that requires role players as much as it does pure talent.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
When russian nationalists realize that constant bashing of NA for no apparent reason shows their inferiority complex :dunno: ?
Note: no offence to the casual russian fan or citizen, SENATOR belongs to the other category

Last edited:

wildone26*

You are treading into my turf. I am the one who is supposed to start these type of outrageously ridiculous threads that gives the impression of insanity.

CIG*

borat.bmp

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
I think we as Canadians should learn from this and mend our boring ways. Back to my nap.

I'm willing to chip in to this buying of the tournament, but where do I send my cheque ? TSN ? Wayne Gretzky ? Pierre McGuire ? Janet Gretzky ?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He only lives in Canada but he's from the nutfarm. Last year he was declaring that the Canucskies bought the gold. He thinks he's still in Russia

pondnorth

Dec 16, 2005

Did you forget to take your meds or are you a complete idiot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->