Is this the "worst" year for rookies in a while?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
You realize Pettersson is on pace to beat everyone but barzal on this list right (yes, despite his injury) and McDavid(give it to him cause he would have been 80+ if he played whole season)? And give dahlin a couple more seasons and he's gonna be one of the best d-men (yes, he's that good now)

Dahlin is amazing. Whenever I watch Buffalo games I'm always watching him play and he plays such a solid game at 18 years old that you don't even notice him when the puck isn't on his stick. I wouldn't doubt if he wins a Norris by the time he's 22.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
The lack of Larkin in the 15-16 rookies is a pretty major oversight.

I'm not surprised this thread got bumped, alot of interesting takes, I am surprised that it was bumped to point out that Larkin was missing from the 15-16 rookies group.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I know what I said and I absolutely believe that toews has been the best rookie dman this year being that their job is to, well, defend
Good on you, and even better for you that you’ve missed the last 50 years in which the role of a defencemen have changed quite a lot! Look up the history books and read up on the likes of Orr, Leetch, Coffey, Lidström, Bourque and Karlsson. You might learn something! Peace, Im out (omg.....)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Typical homer fan that doesn't know the rest of the league but his team

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I dunno... When the rookie class includes this dude I'd say it's pretty strong.
59a3b3c0-2f08-4eca-86ec-1eca12f14911-Gritty.jpg

How much did CCM pay his for using their gloves ?

Mar 26, 2010
How did this prediction go? Probably the worst Leafs poster here.
Pettersson is 23rd in goals. Pump the breaks.

Most overrated player in the the NHL today.

Nucks fans are the worst posters on the board. The pettersson talk is comical.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
To me it's not about a drop in quality, but more of a drop in quantity.
The top rookies this season are every bit as good as those from the past 4-5 years.
However the talent seems to drop off after the first 5 or 6 in this years crop.

Reactions: someguy44

BiggBird

Dec 30, 2018

Wait you said he wouldn't score 25 goals, where does 23rd in goals scored come from? You where wrong you got called out own it bud. I will admit the main board is getting flooded with Petterson but you have to admit to yourself this kid is legit.

Mar 26, 2010
He did score 25 goals right? Stop trying to change the topic. Your posts are more comical than Schremp's comments.
No one is saying Pettersson is a bad player... but slowdown. He has played like 48 games. Long way to go.

Matthews finished 2nd in goals with 40 as a 19 yo teenager, and the outlandish talk was not like you with Pettersson.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Pettersson and Dahlin are looking like franchise players.
Then you have guys like Svechnikov, Kotkaniemi, Hart and Heiskanen who will likely be top line/pairing talent.
Then you have guys like Tkachuk, Middlestadt, Chytil, Cirelli etc... who are looking like core players
Then a plethora of other guys who have a ton of room for improvement and long NHL careers.

Far, far from a weak rookie crop. Quite strong in fact.

BiggBird

Dec 30, 2018
No one is saying Pettersson is a bad player... but slowdown. He has played like 48 games. Long way to go.

Matthews finished 2nd in goals with 40 as a 19 yo teenager, and the outlandish talk was not like you with Pettersson.
Are you serious? Matthew's has been shoved down everyones throats since his draft day lol. Stop being such a homer.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013

Jesus, keep doubling down. . . Your takes on pettersson are the only thing that’s comical

It’s not the worst thing in the world to admit you were wrong, you’re only human after all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->