Is this the worst line-up this team has iced in the last decade?

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen
Higgins-Schroeder-Weise
Sestito-Lapierre-Pinizzotto

That is the worst forward corp of any team in the NHL right now.

I would say their bottom 9 would be AHL contenders, but not winners.

This team...
:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Pyatt
Beech - Morrison - Naslund
Raymond - Kesler - Jaffray
Isbister - Ritchie - Shannon

Ohlund - Salo
Weaver - McIver
Krajicek - Miller

Luongo
Sanford

Your move. :)

LolClarkson*

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Pyatt
Beech - Morrison - Naslund
Raymond - Kesler - Jaffray
Isbister - Ritchie - Shannon

Ohlund - Salo
Weaver - McIver
Krajicek - Miller

Luongo
Sanford

Your move. :)

You almost have a second line there. I would say the OP wins this one.

I cant remember the combos but some players to consider.

Cowan
Green
Bulis
Petinger

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Uhhh when did the canucks ice this lineup because I don't ever recall them doing so. Guess op has a magic ball and sees into the future? His magic ball forgot all about Zack Kassian it seems which doesn't make the lineup much better but it takes Weise off the 3rd line and gives us a decent bottom 6 along with top line.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
You almost have a second line there. I would say the OP wins this one.

I cant remember the combos but some players to consider.

Cowan
Green
Bulis
Petinger

That lineup almost has a 2nd line but has no 2nd or 3rd pairing d. Op at least has a set d-core which more than makes up for a past prime 2nd line

The only thing better from the ops lineup compared to the one u quoted is the 2nd line. I take sedins now over sedins back then. Take burrows now over Pyatt ever. Take Raymond now over beech ever. Take Kassian now over Jeffrey ever. Take the entire 4th line now over the 4th line then. Take the entire d corps and goalies now over back then. Higgins and Raymond back then are a wash. That leaves taking naslund and Morrison over ebbett and Hansen, as well as taking kesler then over Schroeder now

Last edited:

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Uhhh when did the canucks ice this lineup because I don't ever recall them doing so. Guess op has a magic ball and sees into the future? His magic ball forgot all about Zack Kassian it seems which doesn't make the lineup much better but it takes Weise off the 3rd line and gives us a decent bottom 6 along with top line.

I think he was assuming this would be the lineup next gaming barring that Zack sits out another game.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
We arent the worst in the NHL

Latendresse-Smith-Alfredsson
Greening-Turris-Silfverberg
Condra-Zibanejad-Neil
Kassian O'Brien-Regin

Gonchar-Methot
Phillips-Gryba
Benoit-Wiercioch

Lehner
Bishop

checkmate

LolClarkson*

That lineup almost has a 2nd line but has no 2nd or 3rd pairing d. Op at least has a set d-core which more than makes up for a past prime 2nd line

I liked Krajicek/ Miller. Krajicek could skate so smoothly and Miller played a lot like Willie Mitchell.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
not sure why this thread didn't pop up when the canucks iced pretty much exactly the same top 12 forwards for the first quarter of this season and went 8-2-2...and not sure why kassian isn't listed in the top 9 forwards just because he missed one game

even without kesler and booth there is enough talent in that forward core to win alot of hockey games

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen
Higgins-Schroeder-Weise

This team...

Damn, when did we ice that lineup?

It was in response to the worst in the NHL comment. Would agree that this is the word we have put out

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I liked Krajicek/ Miller. Krajicek could skate so smoothly and Miller played a lot like Willie Mitchell.
Miller never got a job in the NHL again after that season and krajicek lost his the following season. Alberts is equivalent to miller then and tanev is much better than krajicek ever was.

I think he was assuming this would be the lineup next gaming barring that Zack sits out another game.

Well then up shouldn't be posting as if it has happened no? Saying has iced is past tense as in has already happened which clearly is not the case

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
Regardless if it's the worst in ten years or not, the current forward group ****ing suck even with Kesler.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
It was in response to the worst in the NHL comment. Would agree that this is the word we have put out

Fair enough.

Miller never got a job in the NHL again after that season and krajicek lost his the following season. Alberts is equivalent to miller then and tanev is much better than krajicek ever was.

Well then up shouldn't be posting as if it has happened no? Saying has iced is past tense as in has already happened which clearly is not the case

100% agree. Hence why my first post was "You've got to be kidding me." :nod:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen
Higgins-Schroeder-Weise

This team...

Straight up worst the Nucks have iced. Worst in the NHL, if we lose Henrik it is. Lottery fodder as is.

LolClarkson*

Miller retired. And Kraj was in the middle of that mess in Tampa with the owners trying to run the team and all that BS.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen
Higgins-Schroeder-Weise

That bottom 9 is composed almost exclusively of players that have scored at 50+ point clip (with a lot of them scoring PPG) in the AHL before they made the NHL. On some AHL teams that 4th line would be a 1st line. It would absolutely destroy at that level. They would probably lose 10 games all year, if that.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Miller retired. And Kraj was in the middle of that mess in Tampa with the owners trying to run the team and all that BS.

Didn't miller retire after it was known he wouldn't be brought back here and maybe even after he couldn't get a contract elsewhere? Krajicek wasn't the only player in Tampa bay during that fiasco yet the year after on his contract year and even after being traded out of that situation to a defense starved flyers he vanished. Hell if there is high interest in barker today even after his last few years its pretty telling how krajicek couldn't get a contract once his contract ended back then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad