Is this the Brassard we're going to get?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
He's on pace for 35 points. I was hoping for at least 50. But stats aside, he's not creating much out there. Night and day from his stint with the team last year. Is the honeymoon over and has he reverted back to old habits?

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
He's on pace for 35 points. I was hoping for at least 50. But stats aside, he's not creating much out there. Night and day from his stint with the team last year. Is the honeymoon over and has he reverted back to old habits?

Combination of things IMO, he isn't getting good linemates and he isn't getting good bounces. He had both of those going for him last season.

Not that his play has warranted better linemates though.

All things considered, with the top 6 playing as it currently is we can afford Brassard underperforming.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

He's never scored 50 points….

Green Blob*

Look at his linemates....

Lets wait till Nash is back K?

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
I want him paired with a better winger. Once Nash comes back............

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You cannot blame a center for bad stats when he plays with Pouilliot and Pyatt. Once Moore and Nash are back, things will change.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Too early to say i think. He was paired with Boyle and Miller (wasnt it ?) Edit Correction : Miller and Dorsett /Edit, and got plenty of ice time (and PP time). He might be in a small slump, but he could easily climb out of that.

He has not been as visible as he used to be, but when you do notice him, his passes are still top notch (the ones i've seen anyway).

Most players are likely to have "down periods" during the season, where they simply dont produce even though they are trying just as hard as always. He'll get back on track, im sure :)

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
You can blame a center for his linemates when he's played himself onto the third line...

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
He's played with Boyle, dorsett, Pyatt and Pouliot. If pouliot is the best forward he's been matched up with, it's not hard to see why he's not having good offensive production.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Yeah bad timing for brassard. Richards and stepan are out playing him which puts him at 3c and let's face it with pouliot and pyatt you're not gunna get much out of him. Maybe if kristo is called up or fast we'll see
Miller brass fast/kristo
Pouliot Boyle dorsett

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Yes, he's always been inconsistent.

And he's had plenty of linemates other than Pouliot and Dorsett - he's played with Richards, Cally, Zucc, etc.

Obviously the coaching staff is not pleased with him considering he was playing on the 4th line in practice the other day. I'm not sure what's going to happen to him beyond this season. If Richards gets bought out, I am doubtful that Brassard is viable option as 2nd line center.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Yes, he's always been inconsistent.

And he's had plenty of linemates other than Pouliot and Dorsett - he's played with Richards, Cally, Zucc, etc.

Obviously the coaching staff is not pleased with him considering he was playing on the 4th line in practice the other day. I'm not sure what's going to happen to him beyond this season. If Richards gets bought out, I am doubtful that Brassard is viable option as 2nd line center.

Brassard is no 2nd line center. once we buyout Richards we'll be FA shopping again.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
This is why, if you think you are a contender this year, I can see the argument for keeping Richards.

Obviously it still has huge risks. And I'm not saying they necessarily are "a contender". But I was assured Stepan-Brassard-Lindberg/Miller-Boyle would be MORE than adequate C depth numerous times over the summer. This is why you don't operate a hockey team on hopes and probablys. Or at least why you shouldn't.

That said, I'm sure he is bound to pick it up in some way. To the tune of what he was doing last year? We'll see.

Green Blob*

Why would you break up any of these lines?

Then why are you saying "Beat me to it" The other lines have chemistry, so yea of course you wouldn't break it up, so dont go blaming Brassard cause he didnt find chemistry 5 games into the season and got the short end of the stick.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

This IS Derick Brassard.

He's not the guy that had a hot start to his Rangers career after the trade and hes not a 35 point guy.

He's going to be an inconsistent 45 point scoring center.

It's what he's always been, it's what he will always be,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad