Is this team incapable of reading the room? Where's the Heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Seriously what is it with this team and being unable to match the intensity of their opponents?

Like they know the narrative coming into tonight, they know the Islsnders will b out for blood. So why do they (continue) to start games flat and refuse to up the ante when it’s blatantly obvious the other team does the same.

This happens with our divisional opponents too and if it weren’t for half of them being absolute trash and over-skill on this team we’d have a worse record than barely above .500 against them.

I’m so sick of watching this team get outskated in games like this. Where’s the urgency? Where’s the emotion? Are they going to have any to give come playoff time?

This team needs to step it up in games like this. Otherwise it’ll be another first round exit because Buffalo or Boston will come at ya with all they’ve got. I haven’t seen the team once this year play with the intensity needed for the playoffs. When they have dominated games it’s been a clinical display of skill and puck movement, not real intensity.

Where is the heart?

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Seriously what is it with this team and being unable to match the intensity of their opponents?

Like they know the narrative coming into tonight, they know the Islsnders will b out for blood. So why do they (continue) to start games flat and refuse to up the ante when it’s blatantly obvious the other team does the same.

This happens with our divisional opponents too and if it weren’t for half of them being absolute trash and over-skill on this team we’d have a worse record than barely above .500 against them.

I’m so sick of watching this team get outskated in games like this. Where’s the urgency? Where’s the emotion? Are they going to have any to give come playoff time?

This team needs to step it up in games like this. Otherwise it’ll be another first round exit because Buffalo or Boston will come at ya with all they’ve got. I haven’t seen the team once this year play with the intensity needed for the playoffs. When they have dominated games it’s been a clinical display of skill and puck movement, not real intensity.

Where is the heart?

Kneejerking?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
26-10-2 going into tonight's game. Every team will have stinkers throughout the season. Did you expect them to go 82-0-0 or something?

I expect them to show some emotion every once in a while. Maybe years of watching the Sundin led Leafs has wonked my expectations. Forgive me if I think it gets a little old watching a team show no passion during the game. Hell the 2013 team despite how that year ended in disaster had games where they'd show some emotion.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I expect them to show some emotion every once in a while. Maybe years of watching the Sundin led Leafs has wonked my expectations. Forgive me if I think it gets a little old watching a team show no passion during the game. Hell the 2013 team despite how that year ended in disaster had games where they'd show some emotion.

I think you are overvaluing emotions in a hockey game. They showed emotion last night against a team that has always played them tough, no? How about that comeback vs. Detroit? Or the revenge game vs. the Panthers? Sounds like you are expecting line brawls lol

I am more concerned about the mickey mouse defending. Babcock has everyone collapsing to the front of the net and basically leaving the perimeter wide open to prolong the cycle game. You can pretty much cover the 5 man unit with a blanket.

Reactions: Loosie

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I think you are overvaluing emotions in a hockey game. They showed emotion last night against a team that has always played them tough, no? How about that comeback vs. Detroit? Or the revenge game vs. the Panthers?

Sounds like you are expecting line brawls lol

Like I said, our embarrassment of riches when it comes to the skill of our forwards has saved us from nights where the team overall performed poorly. The narrative after that last Detroit game would've been a lot different if the team didn't pull a rabbit out of their ass with less than ten seconds to go. There's been a lot of nights like that where the team has been losing and then they just let their skill do the talking.

Any comebacks this team has had are nothing like the ones the old Sundin (and I'm sure the Wendel and Dougie teams) had. Take this Buffalo game from over a decade ago.

Or this game between the Leafs and Minnesota North Stars in '93.

It's a bloody embarrassment watching this current team basically lie down and just take beatings like the one tonight. Absolutely no willingness to get down in the trenches when the occasion calls for it.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
26-10-2 going into tonight's game. Every team will have stinkers throughout the season. Did you expect them to go 82-0-0 or something?

To those of us who care about playoff hockey more than regular season hockey....yeah...it's important to take note of the losses and find answers to the problems.

Because the team that we play in the playoffs will be doing just that...watching us at our worst and finding out how they can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad