Is this not their job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hab-Dawgs

Apr 21, 2004
Montreal
You would think that it is in the best interest of Slob Goodenow and Gary Sh*tman to get this whole conflict resolved so that the players can play, and the owners can make money. Because they will all lose a lot of money if there is no season.

My best bet as to what those two jokers are doing right now is probably relaxing in some hotel room, having all their "expenses" paid for them, figuratively jerking it...

Bobby Orr had a good idea when he said lock them in a room until they figure something out. And I don't understand why that's not being done. They should be under extreme pressure from their respective organizations to get a deal worked out, and oh yeah, in case I forget maybe the fact that there's 200 million fans that would really like them to take their fingers out of their ***es and figure something out....

Their job is to make sure the league runs and that the players are happy with the way it's being run. If they're not doing that, maybe they should get someone who actually cares about there being a hockey season next year.

Geez. Someone's gotta do something......

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bettman only needs the support of 8 owners to get his way .... some of the more moderate owners and especially owners in the large markets made a big mistake giving him that much control.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
John Flyers Fan said:
Bettman only needs the support of 8 owners to get his way .... some of the more moderate owners and especially owners in the large markets made a big mistake giving him that much control.

I guess it is time for the big market owners to get in his face. He can't fire the owners.

Although the same owners just extended his contract not too long ago...

Feb 12, 2003
Tom_Benjamin said:
What does Bettman make? Does asnyone know?

Tom

More than anyone who has done nothing to be benefit of the NHL. :cry:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Source

Bettman, 49, did not disclose the terms, but reports have speculated he will make between $3 million and $3.5 million per year. He has been the commissioner since Feb. 1, 1993.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
And apparently, unlike Goodenow, Bettman still gets paid during a lockout. He still gets paid, the warchest keeps the debts paid, except the average guys in the office at the NHL Warchest not meant for that stuff.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
I know the NHL ownership group continues to say this, but I don't buy it for a second.

Like Ted Saskin said, with their proposal they will be more benefit to the owners than not having a season at all.

To me it's like 1994. Play in January you play 50% of the season & you get all the playoff revenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->