Is this Dustin Byfuglien hit suspension-worthy? (NBC sports)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Cross checks Spezza into the net after a goal.. was dirty and not necessary.

Then cross checks Carrick after the whistle.. was dirty and not necessary.

People saying, "Carrick came in as third man" .. yea he did and gave Mark a slight push back.. it was not much and a regular scrum play.. then Buff comes in thinking he is a hero and cross checks a guy face first into the dasher.. totally unnecessary.

Neither play is a suspension worthy hit.. but fat ass Buff is an idiot.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
With a post like this, you should never complain about a refs call, league suspension or really anything the NHL makes a ruling on.

But I would bet my life on it you will/have. So I'd stop acting all high and mighty based on a league ruling.

I would have more empathy if it was even close to being a play warranting a suspension, but tbh I’ve seen rougher plays during training camp. This isn’t close to being a suspension.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
I would have more empathy if it was even close to being a play warranting a suspension, but tbh I’ve seen rougher plays during training camp. This isn’t close to being a suspension.
I agree with no suspension. But he deserved a 5 and a game without question. From behind, head first into the boards drawing blood. The real reason Buff wasn't suspended was because Carrick got right back up, wiped his nose and kept playing. Had he stayed down, the DoPS would have suspended him, no doubt.

I just wouldn't use the league as some sort of justification to an opinion. We all know they aren't consistent, and they punish result of a play more than anything.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I agree with no suspension. But he deserved a 5 and a game without question. From behind, head first into the boards drawing blood. The real reason Buff wasn't suspended was because Carrick got right back up, wiped his nose and kept playing. Had he stayed down, the DoPS would have suspended him, no doubt.

I just wouldn't use the league as some sort of justification to an opinion. We all know they aren't consistent, and they punish result of a play more than anything.

No one is claiming the league is perfect but they’re pretty good and far better then biased fans. Cheers

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
From the first angle it looks really bad. From the second it looks pretty meh.

Carrick didn't go in with the top of his head and there wasn't much risk he would. It also dispels the notion that Byfuglien came flying in, as from the second angle it is clear he just kind of drifted in. The cross check itself obviously carried a lot of power, but it wasn't like there was any momentum behind it.
Carrick was cut on the bridge of his nose from this check. It should have been 5 and a game at minimum.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
No one is claiming the league is perfect but they’re pretty good and far better then biased fans. Cheers
Punishing the result of a penalty is not "pretty good" by any means. It doesn't curb the root of the problem. Pretty much common sense.

I'll have an original thought on the matter, and you can divert to an imperfect system. Cheers

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Punishing the result of a penalty is not "pretty good" by any means. It doesn't curb the root of the problem. Pretty much common sense.

I'll have an original thought on the matter, and you can divert to an imperfect system. Cheers

Cheers!

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The mental gymnastics some people will go through to justify a dangerous and stupid play by someone they like, or in an attempt to seem tough, is astonishing.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
The mental gymnastics some people will go through to justify a dangerous and stupid play by someone they like, or in an attempt to seem tough, is astonishing.
not dangerous or stupid hit since no suspension or even fine. just bad acting by a jobber player trying to draw a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad