Speculation: Is this Duchene's team now

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
So I noticed something the other day. The Sens released a draft video of guys (mostly young guys) talking about their draft year and the experience. They also had Boro in there. The decided to include a good portion of it on Matt Duchene.

It made me wonder, if they in their mind had already moved on from Karlsson

video here

Then I saw a clip today with Dorion talking about the trade of Hoffman.. and he specifically mentioned that he talked with Duchene about him

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/dorion-on-hoffman-trade-our-dressing-room-was-broken~1422783

could be nothing here.. but makes me think

Reactions: Sen Of A Gun

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
What the hell Is Duchene going to do for this team without Karlsson? He’s gone if Karlsson is traded

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
So I noticed something the other day. The Sens released a draft video of guys (mostly young guys) talking about their draft year and the experience. They also had Boro in there. The decided to include a good portion of it on Matt Duchene.

video here

Then I saw a clip today with Dorion talking about the trade of Hoffman.. and he specifically mentioned that he talked with Duchene about him

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/dorion-on-hoffman-trade-our-dressing-room-was-broken~1422783

Maybe Karlsson wasn't in town to interview.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

video here

It could be because things would be a little ackward/delicate wtih EK at the moment concerning, at the very least, the Hoffman trade.

Reactions: pzeeman

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
7HzVZZs.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Duchene was made into the second most important player on the team by virtue of how we got him.

He needs to stay. So Dorion is doing what he can.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It seems like Stone has been groomed to be in a leadership role the last few seasons, but if Karlsson is gone, Duchene instantly becomes the most marketable player.

My gut says Stone becomes the captain and the guy if he signs here long term, but I would be curious if part of selling Duchene on "#theplan" was selling him on the idea that unlike in COL where Landeskog was captain and they had other strong voices like Erik Johnson along with arguably a greater superstar in MacKinnon, the Sens would be Duchene's team.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
It seems like Stone has been groomed to be in a leadership role the last few seasons, but if Karlsson is gone, Duchene instantly becomes the most marketable player.

My gut says Stone becomes the captain and the guy if he signs here long term, but I would be curious if part of selling Duchene on "#theplan" was selling him on the idea that unlike in COL where Landeskog was captain and they had other strong voices like Erik Johnson along with arguably a greater superstar in MacKinnon, the Sens would be Duchene's team.
If we end up Karl-less (god forbid), I will take Duchene anyday as our leader (granted he's signed long term) way before Stone.

Reactions: Sensung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->