Post-Game Talk: IS THIS A GOOD ENOUGH PGT THREAD FOR YA BRUINS?! LEAFS WIN 4-2!

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Babcock, Andersen, Reilly, Matthews, Plekanec all did good.

Also, f*** Marchand.

That cannot be said enough

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Plekanec.

Andy redeemed himself for sure. I hope that gives him confidence back. Nice to see that we can be competitive again. Can't complain about things not going our way tonight though.

I was very tough on the decision but it worked out. He really looked a lot more motivated.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
upload_2018-4-16_22-0-19.jpeg

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Well, time to eat some crow and I couldn't be happier to do so. What a lineup Babs put together tonight! Plekanec looked reborn in between Marleau and Marner and did a fantastic job against Bergeron and Marchand. You could see the frustration in both of them. The Matthews line was really good, the 4th line was up and down but had its moments, and the Bozak line was okay but JVR did his thing on the PP.

We got a couple breaks we didn't get in Boston. That was nice. We got a call. That was also nice, although guess we could only afford one (because there were more than a few blatant and/or dangerous infractions by the Bruins, the McAvoy slewfoot among them). PK is one of the few problems today. No idea what's going on with that, but they have until Thursday to fix it. Finally, Andersen made this a game by allowing two weak goals... and saved the game by making some ridiculous saves in the 3rd.

Well-deserved win, but let's not get too high. Still got a hole to dig ourselves out of.

Reactions: weems

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Plekanec with his best game when he was needed most, hopefully he and the rest of the team can build on this. A little too many chances given up (that save wow) for comfort but with the way the pucks were bouncing Leafs were due some breaks.

Reactions: weems

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Chara's goal was no softie, come on now. I'd guess he's never sniped one like that in his ENTIRE LIFE!

It was scored on the worst angle possible aside from being behind the net.

It wasn't very good at all. He didn't square up the shooter and he looked like he was 4'5"

We need better goaltending, that's the bottom line.

Either way, I don't want to harp on negative. Leafs won and fully deserve that win.

Reactions: ACC1224

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Wont be watching hockey or posting here for awhile. Just lost our daughter at 39 weeks this morning. I just want to wish all Leaf fans best of luck and hope they can win the series.
I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what you and your family must be going through. Hope you guys get through it together. Stay strong.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Marchand lands on Johnsson's leg... and then does a two had chop at Rielly. One day Marchand will hurt someone badly, and the refs will be to blame. Anytime a hockey player uses their stick like a baseball bat against an opposing player, I feel like it should be an automatic game/just for the thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad