Speculation: Is there still a future with the Sabres for Lindy?

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I'm not suggesting anything here, I'm just curious as to what people think. The man played for the team for a long time and then came back to coach for a long time. He is obviously a big part of the Sabres family. Do you see any way that Lindy could come back for a third stint of service? Is there a place for him in the staff? And is that something you'd want?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Let time pass. A lot of time pass. I think at least 7-8 years pass, Lindy could come back into the fold that has nothing to do with player drafting, development, or scouting. Be part of the Broadcast team, or Sabres foundation or similar would be fine.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
sabretooth.jpg

Don't even think about it.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
He's said in the past that he'd be interested in going to the front office as a GM after he finished coaching. :dunno:

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
President of hockey operations sounds like a Lindy title... I could see that happening

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
I would of been OK, happy even if instead of being fired Darcy was, and he was named GM and an interim coach were named. But now, before he can come back here he'll have to go have great success someplace else.

It's just the way it is.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I would of been OK, happy even if instead of being fired Darcy was, and he was named GM and an interim coach were named. But now, before he can come back here he'll have to go have great success someplace else.

It's just the way it is.

I don't want the guy giving Jochen Hecht 15+ minutes a night making personnel decisions, I'm glad this had 0 chance of happening

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo

It's just the way it is.

Eh.

Glad Lindy's gone.
  • I didn't like the callus way he apparently dealt with players.
  • I thought he mismanaged, among others, Luke Adam and killed the guy's confidence.
  • I didn't like who he put on the ice at critical times.
  • I didn't like the way he managed goaltenders.
  • I really didn't like the way he played favorites. His continuing to allow Rivet to play because he himself "knew what it was like to be scratched as captain" was as ridiculous and unprofessional as Darcy proclaiming that as long as he's GM, Lindy will be the coach. (of course that was as long as the decision was left to Darcy and Darcy alone).

Enough Lindy. He had more opportunities to win a championship than a pro coach is EVER given. Let's all think about that the next time we get all misty-eyed reminiscing.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Not any time soon as he'll continue head coaching for a while. It's not in either side's interest or desire to have Lindy back with the organization in the short/mid term.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Sr. Executive VP Coffee Maintenance Dept.
Reports directly to Pegula.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
One day, probably some alumni capacity. Right now, I suspect he's looking at the possibly job openings he could be a good fit for and as LeBrun mentioned, perhaps another gig as an assistant with Team Canada at the Olympics.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00