Is there something wrong with Buff?

Eric

Feb 20, 2003
Van
Hey Jets fans,

Quick question for you guys...Byfuglien has not looked like himself at all after coming back from that mysterious injury. The SOG beast from last year had ZERO shots tonight and 6 SOG and his last 5 games. Has his role on the PP changed this year? Is he playing hurt? What's causing the lack of shots and production?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Hey Jets fans,

Quick question for you guys...Byfuglien has not looked like himself at all after coming back from that mysterious injury. The SOG beast from last year had ZERO shots tonight and 6 SOG and his last 5 games. Has his role on the PP changed this year? Is he playing hurt? What's causing the lack of shots and production?
No Toby has something to do with it.

Clitty / Buffy is a disaster IMO.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I've noticed that he does look alot slower right now than he usually does. Not really sure what's up, it is a bit concerning.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Byfuglien 2010-present
| GF/20 | GA/20
With Enstrom | 0.960 | 0.853
Without Enstrom | 0.880 | 0.920

Plus I think Byfuglien isn't back 100%...

Just for fun and to show how much these guys love being with eachother:

Enstrom 2010-present
| GF/20 | GA/20
With Byfuglien | 0.960 | 0.853
Without Byfuglien | 0.702 | 0.915

Last edited:

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I still think his injury is lingering

If anyone has had a groin injury, they know what I am talking about

I had one drag on for 6 months...

That is from beer league, I can only imagine what it would be like playing in the NHL

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I haven't seen the "end to end" Buff as much since his injury and losing Enstrom. But I thought he was a little more physical last night than I have seen him in a while. Really liked seeing him take a few Canes players into the boards hard last night.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He also had a kind of gross look on his face on the bench last night. I wonder if he's still in pain and holding back.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
i don't think it's just the lack of enstrom. he just doesn't look right since he came back.

He doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasim he had last season, I'm talking even before he missed games to ? injury. When ever they show him on the bench he looks glum his on ice demeanour is kind of like disinterest.

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
I'm totally fine with the way Buff is playing, to be honest. Not alot of flash and dash or bombs from the point but he's been (relatively) reliable defensively and hasn't stood out. Obviously that's not what we're paying him to but it could be a hell of alot worse given the circumstances.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I tend to agree with those who think he's not 100% Groin injuries are very nagging. I know that when I get them most the time the only thing that really heals them is a couple months off the ice.

Hopefully with treatment and stretching he slowly shakes it off. Skating is one of his strong suits and it's not evident right now.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
He doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasim he had last season, I'm talking even before he missed games to ? injury. When ever they show him on the bench he looks glum his on ice demeanour is kind of like disinterest.

I actually think he started the season with a fire in his belly, but also better decision making. Right now he seems more tentative and disinterested, but that could be the lingering effects of the injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad