Is there argument to be made that the Jets(On Paper) have a Top 10 Defence?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
We've been saying for awhile (like every year), including myself that this defence on paper should be good.

But they really haven't proven it yet.
Last year maybe we can say it was hard to say due to hold outs injury and rookie season of morrissey.
I think there was another yet that the defense were decimated by injuries. It was BUFF and AHL for a lot of games in that year. Though JETS as a team did pretty well during that stretch.

I hope the team proves this year that they are top 10 D.
Buff is an awesome player, but it's hard to have him anchor the defense. He is 99% offensive defense man, He is more suited a number 2 offensive elite talent on a cup challenging team. He exert too much effort in his offensive game.

1st Pair anchor tough match up. Then Buff pair , put pedal to the metal.
Then 3rd pair if its Enstrom and Myers, first time the team will have a really good 3rd pairing that they can trust.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well a league average performance from goaltending will make the defense look a lot better, just like how our garbage goaltending the last number of years made our d look far worse than it really was

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
They definitely got the job done last year. To say the least. All 3 RD healthy + morrissey and a playoff run was no coincidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad