Is there anyway to stream the WWE Network and do voice chat? Might be fun for new and old shows?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Discord screen share maybe? Rabbit maybe?

Not 100% sure what to use - but I think it might be fun, especially here. We have a fairly tight group with some interesting personalities!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
We already have a Discord server featuring over THREE members of HFW so...

Reactions: Serac

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I still wish WWE Network was available without a cable package.

Y'know, like how Netflix, Crave, Amazon, Hulu, and others have done.

Any reason why WWE can't seem to follow suit?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

It's only Canada that's silly like that. Everyone else is normal.

What probably happened is the TV company had an exclusive contract and wouldn't let WWE roll out the Network. So you get the silly version. Maybe it'll get fixed when the contract is up

There was a problem in the UK too, as Sky used to have the PPVs and wouldn't let the Network be a thing, but they worked it out and we got the normal version.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's only Canada that's silly like that. Everyone else is normal.

What probably happened is the TV company had an exclusive contract and wouldn't let WWE roll out the Network. So you get the silly version. Maybe it'll get fixed when the contract is up

There was a problem in the UK too, as Sky used to have the PPVs and wouldn't let the Network be a thing, but they worked it out and we got the normal version.

I suppose so. Must be exclusive to WWE as well, since I have CraveTV without cable.

Goddamn CRTC messing things up.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I suppose so. Must be exclusive to WWE as well, since I have CraveTV without cable.

Goddamn CRTC messing things up.
I think it’s a part of the deal Rogers has with WWE, and then Rogers obviously allows Bell to have it too. I could be wrong though.

I just absolutely hate the demand portion. It’s lacking so much content and rarely updated.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It wouldn't be so bad if you had exactly the same content as everywhere else, but nope. Looking it, Rogers signed a ten year deal in 2014, only five left to go...

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
tbh I think HF is perfectly fine for a day to day thing but Discord would be fantastic during PPV's etc since it's just...basically an organized chat room (voice or text).

Reactions: Cor

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There's a 'live thread' feature that can be used on here, where the page automatically updates in real time as people post.

I can't turn it on as the thread starter, so I assume you'd have to get one of the mods to do it.

Reactions: Virtanen18

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They make threads live for gdt but it just makes you not need to refresh. Would we want that for raw?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
We already have a Discord server featuring over THREE members of HFW so...
Over THREE? I'm down, hit me up!

Before it was in Canada, I used to use an American account with a fake US address. I switched when it came to Canada, but that might still be an option.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
My original idea came from a few friends and I watching a cheesy horror movie on discord together in a voice chat. One of my friends just shared his screen and everyone watched through that. It was actually a ton of fun just hanging out, making awful jokes, and watching it.

That's why I think old shows might suit it better since people would be talking over it. We could all keep up a thread here with our Meltzer ratings at the end of shows. :laugh:

We play Jackbox Party Pack the same way where only one person needs the game and the others just a phone. Just by one person sharing their screen.

Reactions: SeidoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad