Is there any player currently in the NHL you would trade Toews for?

Discussion in 'Chicago Blackhawks' started by Salvaged Ship, Nov 2, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Salvaged Ship

Salvaged Ship Registered User

Was thinking about this today, and there is not one single player I personally would trade him for.

Crosby - Crosby to me is not the leader Toews is and is one good hit from another concussion and a long layoff. No

Ovechkin - Great player but can't get his team out of the first round. He is missing something in my mind. No

There may be a few more talented offensive players but when you factor in leadership, defense, intangibles, and just a great guy and role model I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Reserve space for his statue outside the UC, he better stay a Hawk for life. Captain Serious!

2. DisgruntledHawkFan

DisgruntledHawkFan Blackhawk Down

Heavy Machinery Operator
    You'd rip the heart and soul out of a team making a dynasty run. No. Nyet. Never.

3. BobbyJet

BobbyJet Losing is for losers!

4. Salvaged Ship

Toews is already my favorite Hawk of all time and my second favorite player next to Gretzky.

5. zytz

zytz lumberjack

Don't consider myself to be a JT fanboy by any means, but even if we could trade Toews and Crosby back at like 4m for 8 years or some nonsense I wouldn't do it. He's the heart and soul of this team, and it will be a sad sad day when he's done with the Blackhawks.

6. Judrix

Judrix Teuvo is Kane's son

I'd trade him for a healthy Crosby. That's pretty much it.

7. Kaner Coffee

Kaner Coffee Anna for Hart Trophy

Crosby.

8. Sarava

Sarava Moderator

No. There's a lot of players that are better players. But the Hawks have their formula for being the best team in hockey and it starts with Toews.

9. ModryJazyk

ModryJazyk Go Hawks ! Go Tampa !

why ? even if he's (?) better player.Hawks won recently 2xSC with Toews, 0 with Crosby.No reason for such trade.

10. Easton Modano Curve

Easton Modano Curve Registered User

I'd think about a straight up deal for Crosby, but in the end I wouldn't trade anyone for Toews.

I think the more interesting question is who would other teams give up for Toews straight up? Would Pitt offer Crosby or Malkin? Would Caps offer Ovie? Would Tampa offer Stamkos?

11. UsernameWasTaken

UsernameWasTaken Let's Go Hawks!

Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos

12. Kurtosis

Kurtosis Trying Not To Suck

Broker
    Not a chance with Malkin or Stamkos, but probably Crosby if his health was guaranteed. This is not to say I necessarily think Toews is better than those two, I just think the damage to the chemistry of the team would outweigh what they would bring.

13. Kurtosis

Kurtosis Trying Not To Suck

Broker
    None of those teams would offer those players in my opinion.

14. BobbyJet

BobbyJet Losing is for losers!

pulease.

15. Salvaged Ship

Unfortunately the health of Crosby is a part of it. He seems like a ticking time bomb to me with his concusion history. Malkin and Stamkos will get more points than Toews, but they don't have that "it" factor than Jonny has in my opinion. Maybe its just the case that Toews is perfect for us while on other teams there may be better fits.

16. UsernameWasTaken

UsernameWasTaken Let's Go Hawks!

Well, yeah anything would damage team chemistry badly - that's why I wouldn't want to trade him at all. But value-wise those are the only three if we had to trade him. They're also the only three players in the league I think are better than him (d-men and goalies included).

Well Toews has a concussion history himself - he's had at least two in the NHL and three before he got to the NHL.

Who are these players? I'd say Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos (and I know not everyone would agree with me on the second two) but after that I can't think of any better players.

17. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Crosby, obviously. He is the best player the league has seen in a long time.

"Team dynamics" would take a backseat. I don't think Kane, Sharp, Hossa, etc. would be crying too hard being forced to play with an ever so terrible player like Crosby.

Just Crosby, though. Not Ovechkin's biggest fan, and nobody is on the same level after them.

18. RedBaronIndian

RedBaronIndian Registered User

If you are going by hfboards standards, other fanbases would not trade Tavares, Giroux, Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Subban, Karlsson, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber and Hall( I have heard all these names at one time or another)

19. Bring Back GLR

Bring Back GLR Commit to the Indian

The logical choice would be Crosby after that there's no one especially since Crosby is the only player that is as young and accomplished as Toews.

Even then in last years playoffs Crosbys team gets swept and scores 2 goals in 4 games where as Toews leads the Hawks to 3 straight wins and another Cup after being down 2-1 in the series against Boston. Toews just has that innate quality to will a team over any obstacle.

20. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

I understand we're all Hawks fans, so I can see the natural bias towards our own guy, but really? Relying on vague, unquantifiable things like "innate quality to will a team over any obstacle?" I've never been able to buy reasoning like that. If Toews had some incredible quality like that, the Hawks would never lose playoff series. Toews would always just "will" them to victory. But they have lost plenty with him on the team - so why give him credit for an (admittedly very good) comeback and diminish Crosby for a bad series? Toews has had plenty of bad series... he had more bad ones than good ones even just this past spring.

For comparison's sake, Crosby has "led" his team back from a 2-game deficit in a playoff series as well, and that was against a much better version of the Wings than the Hawks faced last year.

21. Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup RIP Fugu

22. Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup RIP Fugu

Given all the concussion issues with Sid ,, Rather keep Toews (Even with his own history)

23. Retail1LO*

Retail1LO* Guest

Not mentioned...but if I HAD to trade him, it wouldn't be for a Crosby, Ovechkin, or Malkin. If you told me I was only going to get one player back and one only, I'd probably go for Tavares. Someone that can score, whose still on the upswing, gets respect from those playing around him for more than just his ability to score and hasn't had any major time lost to head injuries or anything else chronic...

That'd be my pick.

24. 42

42 Registered User

Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares I would take over Toews.

The premise of this thread - that Toews is the best player in the world - is just, well, not right.

25. Minowaman

Minowaman Registered User

There is nobody in the league I would trade for Toews for. Crosby's health issues have to be taken into consideration and that makes it a deal breaker.