Is there any hope of getting Benn from Dallas?

KAVORKA

Oct 4, 2009
Apparently Dallas is having a difficult time signing Jamie Benn to a contract extension. Benn is looking for a similar deal to Taylor Hall in salary and term.

Is this a center worth poaching? and would this possible trade take priority over getting Lou between the pipes? What would it take to get him?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Seems like a question better suited for the Dallas board.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
probably cost Rielly +

still interested?

Yes.

Regardless, it's not gonna happn. No sir. Benn has stated many times how much he hates the spotlight and loves playing in Dallas because he's not surrounded by reporters. He would never come to a big hockey town.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
No. Besides, Benn has said that he prefers playing in a smaller market rather than a Canadian team. Maybe Dallas threatening to trade him to Toronto or Montreal may help their cause in getting him signed as a contract they feel is more affordable :laugh:

Cool Hand Luke

May 27, 2008
I would trade Gardiner + Kadri + for a chance at Benn. Easily.

To Dallas:
Gardiner
Kadri
Connolly (salary - expiring)
prospect (D'Amigo, McKegg, Ross)

for

To Toronto:
Jamie Benn

Badger Mayhew*

Taylor Hall deal?

Offer sheet him 6 mil for 7 years, give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick but who cares.

KAVORKA

Oct 4, 2009
Yes.

Regardless, it's not gonna happn. No sir. Benn has stated many times how much he hates the spotlight and loves playing in Dallas because he's not surrounded by reporters. He would never come to a big hockey town.

Oh wow, didn't know that, that's too bad. Surprising bc if Kessel can deal with it, I'm sure Benn could as well... Oh well... I'll keep dreaming of signing Getzlaf in the summer

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I would trade Gardiner + Kadri + for a chance at Benn. Easily.

To Dallas:
Gardiner
Kadri
Connolly (salary - expiring)
prospect (D'Amigo, McKegg, Ross)

for

To Toronto:
Jamie Benn

Thta's ridiculous..... GTFOH with that nonsense... Lol

Don't want him for that price, in a center-heavy draft.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
We'd have to give up a package with Gardiner and possibly Rielly to even get a sniff at Benn, but it's never going to happen as Dallas is not that stupid - IMO he is worth more than Hall and should be making at the very least equal.

Until Kadri proves himself with the big boys on a consistent basis, he should not be thrown in packages like he's a valued asset.

/Thread

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not worth it for the Leafs to pay retail on a 63 point center and risk having him fizzle out, not worth it for Dallas to give up on a kid with so much promise.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
No. Besides, Benn has said that he prefers playing in a smaller market rather than a Canadian team. Maybe Dallas threatening to trade him to Toronto or Montreal may help their cause in getting him signed as a contract they feel is more affordable :laugh:

What you mean I just talked to Benn, he's my homie, he said he wants that blue and white Leaf on his chest.

Komisarek + Connolly TAKE IT OR LEFT IT!

Naa, but Benn should at least get Hall type of contract. Pay up Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->