Is there any doubt the pacific will be the weakest again?

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
3-1 :D

Still super early obviously. SJS are clearly the class of the division, they are in their own tier in the Pacific in my view. Solid goaltending. Two #1 quality Dmen and solid depth on the back end, Vlasic is the best defensive Dman in the NHL. Loaded up front with talent and experience, definitely a Stanley Cup favourite to come out of the West.

Yea the Sharks are scary good on paper. Does any team outside of Nashville have a better top 4 in defense??

I think Edmonton has a legit shot at getting to the playoffs

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Seems like Arizona, Edmonton, and Vancouver might be in place to dethrone the hype.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yea the Sharks are scary good on paper. Does any team outside of Nashville have a better top 4 in defense??

I think Edmonton has a legit shot at getting to the playoffs

I have the Sharks at #1 for D cores in the NHL. NSH at #2.

Burns and Vlasic are both bona fide #1 D men. Vlasic is the best defensive D man in the NHL, he puts on a clinic in the defensive zone. He shuts players down, period. I take Burns and Vlasic over Josi and Subban all day long.

Burns is Burnsy, love watching him play for Canada especially. He's an offensive beast, he has an uncanny ability to get his shots from the point on net. Excellent skater, confident, and just an all around elite player.

Add to that they have awesome depth Dmen in Braun, Dillion, and Martin. I'd take the Sharks D core over any others in the league if I had to pick one.

For the playoffs, yeah SJS are clearly the class of the division. But #2-7 are wide open this year, ANA and LAK look ripe to be conquered. I think we can battle for a spot, I believe in our team.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Not at all. They're by far the weakest. Ducks downgraded when they fired BB then picked up Randy of all people. LA lost Quick for a while. Arizona, Calgary and Edmonton will all probably be better this year but still aren't threats. I don't know what to think about Vancouver. SJ is still great though

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Maybe wait more than a partial week of games before proclaiming which divisions will be strong or weak......

Flames were off to the worst start when they went 0-2-1. I promise you every team will go through a 0-2-1 stretch this season. So silly to make any assumptions off so few games.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The Ducks are trash, the Canucks will come back to earth, and the Yotes just aren't there yet. The playoffs will have SJ, LA, and one of Calgary and Edmonton (I'd bet Calgary).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad