Is there any chance Zherdev stays in Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
RaTcine said:
If the lock out ends by january, is there any chance Zherdev stays in Russia to finish his season there?

I think that Columbus would have a fit if Zherdev stayed over in Russia if the lockout were resolved. The organization actually wants him in Syracuse right now, and as far as I know he has failed to report.

Should he not come back to play for Columbus once the league resumes, I'm sure Doug MacLean wouldn't be happy.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
didn't he sign a 1 year deal to stay in russia?
so i figure if the lock out ends in january, he still will be staying in russia till the season is over sadly

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Kardi said:
didn't he sign a 1 year deal to stay in russia?
so i figure if the lock out ends in january, he still will be staying in russia till the season is over sadly

Given he is signed to a two-way contract, he was obligated to honour that contract by accepting his re-assignment to the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL.

Now, Columbus could just overlook this fact, which I believe they have for the time being. Rest assured, however, that they'd do everything possible to bring him back should a season start up.

In reality, his two-way contract is the one that would be honoured, not the CSKA contract.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
To be honest, I'm shocked he even went to Russia after the crap he pulled by running away. Maybe by playing a full year there he'll fullfill whatever russia wanted of him and that'll be the end of it all?

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
rnyquist said:
To be honest, I'm shocked he even went to Russia after the crap he pulled by running away. Maybe by playing a full year there he'll fullfill whatever russia wanted of him and that'll be the end of it all?

The Russian federation tried to hold him based on the claim of military service, which was thrown out in a Swiss court.

He didn't necessarily run away as much as escaped, since he was 'held' (and I use the term loosely) in Russia after Columbus clearly filed all the necessary paperwork to bring him to North America.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
wow, all I have to say is thanks god I'm not the GM of Columbus. Because Zherdev would go get a kick in the nuts for sure.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
My understanding of the situation is that Zherdev wanted to play in russia, and while columbus was hesitant, they decided to let him. But, Zherdev also is willing to come back to play in the minors is the Jackets want him to.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Actually, from a development standpoint, Zherdev is better off in Russia - seeing that (with the lockout) the RSL is probably the best league in the world at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->