Is there an official reserve list for teams?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I think OHL teams can protect 50 players.
I don't think lists are made public.
If incorrect someone please correct.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I think OHL teams can protect 50 players.
I don't think lists are made public.
If incorrect someone please correct.

Yeah the lists usually aren't made public.

I did a few Prospect Reports on the ohl collective and got messages from scouts and GM's letting me know which players weren't protected.

There is no easy way of finding out either.

Reactions: TheCoach

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The protected players list is another one of those things for managers to protect against themselves in the league.

To my knowledge and this is in no way confirmed by any official source but I do believe that each manager can have 5-10 players on their protected list each season this is usually used by teams that are always uncertain about their own players who are NHL drafted prospects and are eligible to return to the league the following season.

Typically you hear about 1-2 players who are on protected lists each season however its very rare for teams managers to know who they may have come back from the NHL.

It would be interesting to see what the actual number of projected players is for each team but in no way easy to confirm.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The protected players list is another one of those things for managers to protect against themselves in the league.

To my knowledge and this is in no way confirmed by any official source but I do believe that each manager can have 5-10 players on their protected list each season this is usually used by teams that are always uncertain about their own players who are NHL drafted prospects and are eligible to return to the league the following season.

Typically you hear about 1-2 players who are on protected lists each season however its very rare for teams managers to know who they may have come back from the NHL.

It would be interesting to see what the actual number of projected players is for each team but in no way easy to confirm.
Each team can protect 50 players.

nymets5

Aug 12, 2018
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was thinking of making a website similar to capfriendly for the all of the protection lists and roster stuff and i was wondering if it was already available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->