Is there a way to reduce cross checking ?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
If Shea Weber retired it would be 50% less crosschecking in the NHL. He crosschecks everyone all game long and gets away with it. . Brendan Smith is also pretty good at crosschecking players alot and get away with it

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
they will enforce it during the regular season and it will go back to normal in the playoffs... it was done during the 2005/06 season and it all went to scraps during the playoffs

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Well when I played and you gave a guy a cheap cross check, the following was happening back to you:

1) You were getting a cross check back with force maybe even to the teeth.

2) You were dropping your gloves and slugging it out.

The league is full of a bunch of wussy's now a days. They wont stand up for themselves, so what your seeing is a bunch of cheap plays all over the ice.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Cross checking is against the rules but part of the defensive game.

I agree it should be called. In a league that is hurting for goal scoring/chances the defensemen have it way to easy in front of the net.

Cross Checking and Slashing. The rules serve two purposes. Prevent injury and prevent the defensive game from being any easier.

We talk about shot blocking but I think stickwork is one of the main reasons goal scoring is down. You can pretty much wave your stick willy nilly at the puck carrier and so long as you don't break their stick.. it's good.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Well when I played and you gave a guy a cheap cross check, the following was happening back to you:

1) You were getting a cross check back with force maybe even to the teeth.

2) You were dropping your gloves and slugging it out.

The league is full of a bunch of wussy's now a days. They wont stand up for themselves, so what your seeing is a bunch of cheap plays all over the ice.

Or we could just call penalties as they should be called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad