Is there a team that needs Lafreinere more than the Habs

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Oilers.jpg

All your firsts are belong to us!

Or whoever trades for Hall at the trade deadline...

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
The team has been mediocre for years can't blame the fans for being pissed the team isint good. When's the last time we had a ppg player?
Kovalev 2007-2008

The only PPG season i've ever witnessed from the habs and I'm turning 34 in a month.

We are starved for an offensive and dynamic player in Montreal. We need this. It's just been way too long.

I'm sick of watching a bunch of plumbers play dump and chase

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
OP is right and we can know buy a simple multiplication :

Amount of years without the 1st overall pick

X

Amount of years of team existence

This is advanced draft statistics, real serious stuff

Well if this if the criteria, then its either Vancouver, Calgary, or Carolina. None of those franchises have ever drafted 1OA, and they've all been around a lot longer than the Ducks, Wild, Preds, and Sharks who have also not picked 1OA. Heck, the Whalers didn't even get 1OA when they were in the WHA.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Well if this if the criteria, then its either Vancouver, Calgary, or Carolina. None of those franchises have ever drafted 1OA, and they've all been around a lot longer than the Ducks, Wild, Preds, and Sharks who have also not picked 1OA. Heck, the Whalers didn't even get 1OA when they were in the WHA.

Wrong, youd be right if the rule would divide by the amout of times that you got it. For example,

Habs is 39 X 110 = 4290
Nucks is 59 X 59 = 3481

Other teams are younger than the nucks so no point in calculating their super scientific draft deservdness score

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton

I believe your are forgetting about the "Sedin twins" draft for Vancouver. The whole set up of trades and agreement with 1OA was to get them to Van at #2&3.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
There are lots of teams who need good players more. There are at least 10 teams worse than Mtl right now, wouldn't they need good players more?

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
The Canucks have a great young Center core with Elias, Bo and Gaudette. I think adding an elite winger like him would be just what the Dr ordered. Miller...Lafreinere...Boeser...Ferland...plus some of the newly drafted players would be a pretty sweet core.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The Canucks have a great young Center core with Elias, Bo and Gaudette. I think adding an elite winger like him would be just what the Dr ordered. Miller...Lafreinere...Boeser...Ferland...plus some of the newly drafted players would be a pretty sweet core.

No. OP already called dibs for the Habs. Sorry

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Whoever is the worst team at the end of the season deserves him the most.

I would argue Montreal does not deserve him because he wouldn't play on the PP here over Jordan Weal and Julien would have a problem with his defensive game and/or attitude so he'd wind up playing less minutes than Joel Armia.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Whoever is the worst team at the end of the season deserves him the most.

I would argue Montreal does not deserve him because he wouldn't play on the PP here over Jordan Weal and Julien would have a problem with his defensive game and/or attitude so he'd wind up playing less minutes than Joel Armia.

He’d be a PR dream. Forget the results. Our current team is garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad