Is there a team that needs Lafreinere more than the Habs

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Your right. They probably wouldn't. It would be quite pathetic to have missed out on a 1st overall to another team and then hold a grudge about it forever. Only the most entitled fans would do something like that.
My spidey-sense is yelling "Sarcasm", but I honestly don't know what/who you're referring to. Wouldn't be the first time I've missed the joke.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
He's going to reclassify to 2021, and then Tampa will get him with Vancouver's lottery pick

you heard it here first

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Vancouver please as Petey needs him on wing and we've never had a first over all. I pretty sure we're due for a 1st OA especially considering we owe a first to TB for Miller trade either in 20/21.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I think the Oilers could finally get over the hump if they just get another overall number 1. Him and Mcdavid would tear up the league.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
The Penguins should also start tanking now. They next their next Lemieux. I don't mean in terms of quality, but another French Canadian leading a storied Franchise in the transition to another superstar.

The Penguins could use a little bit of luck too.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Storied franchise lol.
Relocation rumors should start in a few years.

Is Crosby retiring in the next few years? I wasn't aware.

The first set of teams from the expansion in the 60's that compromised of the original 12 teams if you want to call them that.
5 Stanley Cup titles, 6 championship appearances. A giant group of legends that played for their team.

Next thing you will tell me is that the Islanders are not a storied franchise either. Does not matter what their financial problems are, every hockey fan will remember those teams and those years. Success creates history.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Absolutely not. I mean the Habs were almost a playoff team last year. Unless they suddenly become the worst team in the NHL overnight, I'd argue there are plenty of teams with worse top 6's in the NHL. Columbus, NJ, Ottawa and Detroit are all teams in the East alone that could use Lafreinere more.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
The Penguins should also start tanking now. They next their next Lemieux. I don't mean in terms of quality, but another French Canadian leading a storied Franchise in the transition to another superstar.

The Penguins could use a little bit of luck too.

Sorry, they used up all the luck they had remaining from 2003-2006 :)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
yeah there are times when I wish the draft lottery were rigged. But you got to think if it were, the Oilers would not have got McDavid, and Matthews would have went to Arizona.

So just watch someone 5 points out of the playoffs win the lottery.

Oilers built new building and magically moved up in draft and got McDavid to fill the place.

Reactions: behemolari

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
If you look at the Atlantic division

The Leafs have
Matthews
JT
Marner

Boston has
Berg
March
Pasta

Tampa has
Point
Stamkos
Kuch

I honestly can’t think of a team that needs Laf more than the Habs, can you?
Is there a rule where he can only be drafted by an Atlantic Team?

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
The Jackets could have a line of Dubois, Lafreniere, and Texier so people could spend hours on message boards arguing over a nickname for the line. English speakers could be tacky. French speakers could be serious.

La crème
Bonjour
Baguette
Fromage
French Connection 2
Blue cheese
French fries
French kiss

Reactions: koteka

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec