Is there a Car in your garage?

What's in your garage?

• Total voters

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
1 car and storage IE a lawn mower and garden stuff.
could easily fit the other car in there if I could fit a shed in the backyard to put the mower in but there is no place level enough for one.

Last edited:

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
We all have quirks, but no way under God's good Earth that I have a car outside when I have a garage... Ain't happening, end of story. I stack and store a garage as well as any on this planet. To auto start and pull out of the garage with a snow and ice free car every morning is worth every second I spend keeping that garage organized. < Had covid, no symptoms, but can't go back to work for 5 days. Yep, cleaned out the garage. hahaha

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I have two cars in the garage. the wk jeep just fits in the thing with my front-biased tool/desk setup. I have to pull it out when working on projects though.

I've been WFH for 5 years now and basically only drive to take my son places. Like 3k miles a year. So I want to keep them out of the weather as much as possible.

Reactions: Elysian

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The previous owners of my house had a 1985 Cadillac Eldorado parked in the garage that took up the entire floor space front to back. But, they built a two-tier storage shelf that is quite deep and they stored all their stuff up there. I park my Corvette in the garage which isn't quite as long or wide and it enabled me to use the floor space under the shelving system they built. I was able to add a workbench and my tool chest. I am very weary about letting the junk pile up. If there wasn't a car in the garage she would have the garage packed with all her needless shit. I can park 3 cars in my driveway, and I just added a parking pad on my property just to have in case I get the urge to make another purchase.

I was toying with the idea of turning the garage into a home gym, but I realized that once the car was out of the garage I would lose control of the situation and decided to go a different route.
So, exactly what I said would happen has happened. Once the car came out I lost all control of the garage. I am flipping furious. Now my Corvette sits in the elements and is getting beat up.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
uKknwRnxcs6ISFlqKFIeLg1MvQR9kSPfvUk4tbnSrv7lYI_GB0SWCKTyykK5TuRHNhp3A1L55Myy2oBrs0tSlt-sNi2G1kgIB-wtnCDMK6fg9n2m1BX2jSAOuWeAsIhsHq2O29_2pLsaVgnyMnpiaQ3avA-NMeTyJwy1t9nkGP7gI-UxwawEu5StxOvMGVfImn_eympMmJckh2Xe44us3f-kwn5iycGWv7PyYWJxhQ4uJ6yhmMRTfmMzXbMY8_-iugEW4j-FrNLuZdt6190wN1q5kr_b11Ykq_p0cjmEzTGtzQMA_zuIN32g7qJ1xZnZONbXVUN6SLtUqtxf_TVbMsl61s5T1bTRmM7cePgBzgDaV4mZLsKtAUKMCSDURa2_EWd2t7mAuQhE5memkOVhkCSy-m1wDwunWoECbXLUySv2mpPWwuWMku7kiaUGd13QKedCqLJfX7SLYgUrUMrR2RagTjN8uE7c-OF2BTK0j7YIQdxpgTF_dgndOvC8LeKwcw_t8vxIEuuLUfHvNDSjIpuVp7m44_SzZ0atNlGJWIx9pk0f5EIGp6RgwSVz7t5VKHXKt-eb4rxtkVP8mlzZXqPEBvM58KgpKpuD0WQEFsT3HyEujl4RhVhsd0kHlBf847QmEgDg5KtMM2dMNwPS8YxobIEmQbVELQHoWStidSiqNl4fnM4CtjSOQp_KKNZJ4xfe2eInVCmFQ69cEYOqmRsQKg=w1300-h977-no

Only car in my garage is my E30 race car build.

That'll change after we move to Ohio later this month and have many more garage spaces.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Currently in my garage is a 69 Cutlass show car that has been completely restored frame up (dads), and a 74 Corvette (mine). I bought the Vette last year, 100% original (aside from fresh paint) and unmolested, from the original owner. The engine has about 20k on its rebuild (80k on the car) and a compression check showed nearly brand new compression levels across all cylinders with very little variance.

Since Corvettes were gutted of power from the 70s-90s, it was time for me to get to work. With a seemingly very healthy bottom end, I threw on an Edelbrock performer 2101 intake manifold, long tube ceramic coated headers (also wrapped since C3 Vettes can get hot inside), a remanufactured quadrajet (original was ever so slightly warped), 1.6 ratio aluminum roller rockers, swapped to an HEI ignition with 40 ohm wires. All it needs now is some 58-64cc heads, and a real mild cam (don't feel like changing original torque converter). I'm fine with a low rpm stump puller. I dressed it up under the hood a little with plug wire looms, valve covers, and a shiny new air cleaner.

I've also performed a trans flush and coolant flush. Trans fluid actually looked pretty new when it all drained, but whatever. I refilled with Type F for tire chirps when shifting. The coolant on the other hand, WOW! It came out dark brown.. I saw the coolant channels in my block when I did the intake manifold, and the gunk I saw lead me to doing the coolant flush. Or should I say flushes, since it took two of them to clean it up.

On one of my first drives with the car, I broke a motor mount and the cooling fan destroyed the fan shroud extension. I'm running with no shroud extension now and the original radiator, and still have to fight the car or drive it an extended period of time to get close to 200°. I'm even running a plug two steps hotter then factory. In Corvette forums there are many people that have issues with their C3s getting too warm under the hood, and I don't really understand why. My question to them is, have you ever done a full cooling system flush on your 50 year old car? Because it made a world of difference on mine. I did pour a bottle of Royal Purple Ice in the radiator since I was warned of engine temps getting high on these cars, but I doubt a bottle of snake oil makes THAT much of a difference.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Garage? I got a warehouse! :laugh:

But I only have a two car garage and not enough room for the bike and two cars. In fact, I've been debating buying an electric car but that will force our daily driver into the warehouse. There is already a mommy van and a speed weapon there so it's starting to become a cost and use problem of too many cars and only one butt.

Ideally I want to get rid of the van and bike, get a small electric, keep the long distance diesel car and German speed weapon.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I grew up with a mechanic dad that never had room in the garage unless he was working on a car. Otherwise it was full of tools or random stuff. There was never actually a parking space for a vehicle. I'm on the OCD side of life and have to keep a neat and semi-clean area, so my garage holds my work car and personal car. The wife and kid get the driveway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad