Is there a Car in your garage?

What's in your garage?

• Total voters

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I have 2 cars in my 2 car garage, but my neighbor has 2 cars in the driveway and a entertainment room setup in his garage.... I don't see the point of that myself, but it's his garage. :dunno:

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Only 2 houses on my court without a garage. Mine and my neighbors. The extra bedroom is handy, but when it gets cold, rainy/snowy I have nowhere to work :(

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I rented my garage to a guy that did drywall and plaster for a living, then he went AWOL and left my garage full of trash and ancient equipment/materials. I spent many many hours getting it cleaned out earlier this year

Now my 64 Malibu sits safely inside. Just had a new door/motor put on the garage as well. The garage is detached and isn't heated, but it keeps the old gal safe from the weather

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
My wife & I have barely enough room in our garage space to park our two cars. Forces us to be prudent in junking it up. Also forces us to be diligent in sticking to our assigned footprints & alignments on the floor pad. Otherwise we can find ourselves stuck in our cars or unable to open the access door to the house or unable to close the overhead door. First-world problems all around.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

member 157595

I currently reside in an area with a high cost of living (median home in this town sells for approximately $1M US) and limited space. Homes without garages such as mine are extremely common. The newer homes all have them, but the newer homes all cost seven figures, so c'est la vie.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
2 cars in the garage. Mine and the wife’s. I’ve got room in the driveway for about 5 more, so the collection may grow in a few years

Reactions: Baby Punisher

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This isn't really a topic about cars per se but do you actually keep your car in a garage or is your garage filled with junk ? :laugh:
I’ve got a side-loader garage in a track-home in a suburb near Phoenix. Not a big garage. My wife has an ‘18 Santa Fe and I have an ‘18 G80. Both fit in a squeeze just tight enough for us to load kids into car seats in both cars while in the garage (though not in both cars at once - haha) Storage has to be up to on racks and along the walls on shelves or we’d never fit the cars in.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMCx4

rt

May 13, 2004
My wife & I have barely enough room in our garage space to park our two cars. Forces us to be prudent in junking it up. Also forces us to be diligent in sticking to our assigned footprints & alignments on the floor pad. Otherwise we can find ourselves stuck in our cars or unable to open the access door to the house or unable to close the overhead door. First-world problems all around.
I know that feel. 360 camera is essential. Lol.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I know that feel. 360 camera is essential. Lol.
We moved into our current suburban home in Sept. 2018, and I bought a new car in June 2019. It was the first time that "Overall Length" was the #1 criterion on my new vehicle shopping checklist. :ha:

rt

May 13, 2004
We moved into our current suburban home in Sept. 2018, and I bought a new car in June 2019. It was the first time that "Overall Length" was the #1 criterion on my new vehicle shopping checklist. :ha:
My G80 is 196.5” long. Pretty darn long for a sedan. I can still just barely squeeze behind it to get to the beer fridge in the garage without opening the garage door.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
My G80 is 196.5” long. Pretty darn long for a sedan. I can still just barely squeeze behind it to get to the beer fridge in the garage without opening the garage door.
Some people are "closet drinkers"; you're a "garage drinker." Keep that door closed, or the neighbors will talk. :baghead:

Reactions: rt
Sep 19, 2008
This isn't really a topic about cars per se but do you actually keep your car in a garage or is your garage filled with junk ? :laugh:
There's shelves of bobbleheads in the garage that I don't want to display in the basement including many of the former Nats (Harper / Rendon / etc)

I only move the car in if someone is going to use the driveway (i.e. repairman van)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We use it mainly if were doing something to the car like cleaning out the interior or polishing. Son works on his truck a lot in there too. If it's really cold the wife uses it. Rarely are both cars in there though.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
This year I rode my bike more than the car so the garage belonges to the bike and stuff to clean and fix it, but it's about time to switch for the cold days.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The previous owners of my house had a 1985 Cadillac Eldorado parked in the garage that took up the entire floor space front to back. But, they built a two-tier storage shelf that is quite deep and they stored all their stuff up there. I park my Corvette in the garage which isn't quite as long or wide and it enabled me to use the floor space under the shelving system they built. I was able to add a workbench and my tool chest. I am very weary about letting the junk pile up. If there wasn't a car in the garage she would have the garage packed with all her needless shit. I can park 3 cars in my driveway, and I just added a parking pad on my property just to have in case I get the urge to make another purchase.

I was toying with the idea of turning the garage into a home gym, but I realized that once the car was out of the garage I would lose control of the situation and decided to go a different route.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Garage? Do I look like I'm worth millions? [/LA]

****ing street parking. Dents, chipped paint, hard sprinkler water, tickets that cost half of what my rent was in Montana...

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Three car garage at the main house. All spaces used.

Have slatwall covering the walls. Infinitely configurable. Everything gets a place. Gardening equipment and tools, tons of fishing gear, all manner of sports equipment, bins for pucks and balls, automotive stuff on shelving, bikes and gear hanging, etc... I’ll never have another garage without it. Also have cabinets/lockers and drawers with a desk area.

Reactions: JMCx4
Sep 19, 2008
There will be tomorrow but there's a lot of boxes in it

Figure with the storm coming the car is best in the garage so I don't have to shovel anything off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad