Is there a bigger homer announcer than Jack Edwards?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Jack Edwards is much like the fanbase he represents, he can dish it, but he can't take it.

He throws a hissy fit when another player hits a Bruin too hard, but has an orgasm when its the other way around, much like the crowd at TD Garden.

I suppose he is entitled to act however he wants, as with the fanbase, its just unusual.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
The Penguins color guys is worse. He's a massive homer and also just yells out random gibberish.

Also John Garrett.

Kelly Hrudey would be near the top of the list as well.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Jack edwards is painful to the point of wondering if he can actually be that dumb

To be fair, the nucks have John garrett who is such a blind homer that I find him almost as bad

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
He's awful. Have to put up with him occasionally having NHL Center Ice and if my team plays the Bruins and the only feed is Boston. It's AWFUL. I'm sure he's loved in Beantown. He makes johnny Most look impartial.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Jack edwards is painful to the point of wondering if he can actually be that dumb

To be fair, the nucks have John garrett who is such a blind homer that I find him almost as bad

I've said before that Edwards would be a great WWE PBP guy.

As for Garett, the only saving grace is that his partner is actually quite neutral to balance things out a bit.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
He’s so good at regular play by play and knowledge and being excited about other teams that I generally don’t give af when he goes a bit ham on this kinda shit tbh. Not sure if that speaks more to how good he is or the quality of regional broadcasters across the league but yeah - I think he’s great. If he didn’t have these kind of tangents, he could hundred percent be a national broadcaster.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
I've said before that Edwards would be a great WWE PBP guy.

As for Garett, the only saving grace is that his partner is actually quite neutral to balance things out a bit.

True, shorty is excellent. . I often picture him rolling his eyes at the crap Garrett spouts . . I do appreciate when shorty points out how obviously wrong Garrett is at times

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Listening to the Red Wings broadcast yesterday evening was interesting. They are a mix of equal parts calling the action, acting like HF Board trolls towards the other team, and paraphrasing tweets from the opposing team reporters (i.e., its fairly obvious where they get their intel about team trends and recent draft picks).

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I expect all home announcers to be like that so I don't care...I actually choose to watch the home team feed every game, just to keep it fresh, although some are painfully boring, at least he gets into the games.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Homer announcers for local broadcasts are great

It's when they do national telecasts where it gets annoying

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
I found mlst of the commentators for alberta teams are super homers

Rick ball is really good though.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
*clapping*

"Terrible call! Yeah!"

Oof, even as a fan of Edwards that is hard to listen to. :laugh:

Yeah I usually really like the way Edwards calls a game, but when he has moments like this it's cringy. Still not as bad as this moment, though:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
A guy paid to do local sports at NESN and he....wait for it................its coming .........the big controversy answer..........

Promotes them in a biased way...... No way, tell me it is not true, the nerve of the guy to keep his job. This has to be against the Law.

He should just talk trash about the team all the time
Move along, ppl this is the same thread that shows up every couple of months.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
Sportsnet Leafs announcers are absolutely abysmal. Literally makes any game unwatchable. Remember why they were comparing the free agent signing to Neideymeyer? lol.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
This just in...breaking news.....Local NESN guy is a homer to the ones that pay him......news at 11......

Also water is wet,

close this pathetic thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad