Is there a bias against the Leafs?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Apparently Malkin shoving Bernier into the net, then the puck is legal, while JVR having a foot in the blue paint is illegal. The refs are stupid

Sadly, both Referees blew the respective calls. We were screwed both nights on these two brain farts!!!

Mar 14, 2011
I really don't get how other fans says the Leafs didn't even deserved to get a point against the Pens after that crappy 3rd period and OT performance, even know it was the other team who was GIFTED by the refs with the tying goal.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
Apparently Malkin shoving Bernier into the net, then the puck is legal, while JVR having a foot in the blue paint is illegal. The refs are stupid

Two absolutely terrible calls. I don't get it at all. I read on another board someone saying "his foot was clearly in the blue paint". What rule is it that JVR supposedly broke specifically that would justify the goal being waived off immediately?

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
D'Agastini played the puck just a split second prior to tripping JVR. NO PENALTY!!!

Here is exactly why IT WAS NOT CALLED TRIPPING:

Rule 57 - Tripping

57.1 Tripping – A player shall not place the stick, knee, foot, arm, hand or elbow in such a manner that causes his opponent to trip or fall.

Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized. Accidental trips occurring simultaneously with or after a stoppage of play will not be penalized.

If, in the opinion of the Referee, a player makes contact with the puck first and subsequently trips the opponent in so doing, no penalty shall be assessed.

It was absolutly a bad call. They're are gifs floating around of the play slowed down in hd and he 10000% makes contact with his leg before the puck. The only way a penalty shouldn't be called in that situation is when its completly obvious the puck goes first. Ffs he had to spawl out on his stomach cause he was beat, player gets that ruling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad