Is "the Titanic" in your top 7 movies of all time list?

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I swear that I will literally never see a movie made in the passed present or future that just "hits me" as hard and deeply emotionally as "the Titanic" has and still does (as I just watched it for the 9th time last night) and frankly it's in my top ONE of all time movies when it comes down to it, and I'm just hoping that others share the same experience in watching it and reflecting on it as I do sometimes for week's at a time.

The Titanic has:

1. Romance, one of the most romantic tales in all of cinematic history (literally "fight me" Citizen Kane)
2. ACTION - it's the biggest boat to ever sink, and the action sinking sequences are (lol) literally of Titanic propositions
3. Suspense - Women and children firstly, but who else will escape???
4. Intrigue - this goes without saying but what movies out there have the levels of intrigue that The Titanic?
5. Timeless historical socio-political commentary (obviously, but what kind of action/romantic movies have this?)
6. Comedy. Literally re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Hear that all the time and it's never not funny.
7. Top knotch acting. The guy from "What's eating Gilbert Grape" has a blockbuster performance proving to the world he can be a leading character.
8. Great sountrack. Celine Dion literally kills it on the Titanic record. Even for people with high T levels it's a great song and gets me pumped up especially the high notes in the chorus parts.

Top 1 film for me, hopefully at least falling into your top 7s or at a mimimum top 10s lists of all time classic great timeless cinematic events.

Last edited:

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
No but I do like the picture in question, despite the dweeby romance story. It would definitely make my Top 70 but not my Top 7. The OP might also like A Night to Remember.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
how-bout-no-drevil-austin-gif-8410828

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I swear that I will literally never see a movie made in the passed present or future that just "hits me" as hard and deeply emotionally as "the Titanic" has and still does (as I just watched it for the 9th time last night) and frankly it's in my top ONE of all time movies when it comes down to it, and I'm just hoping that others share the same experience in watching it and reflecting on it as I do sometimes for week's at a time.

The Titanic has:

1. Romance, one of the most romantic tales in all of cinematic history (literally "fight me" Citizen Kane)
2. ACTION - it's the biggest boat to ever sink, and the action sinking sequences are (lol) literally of Titanic propositions
4. Intrigue - this goes without saying but what movies out there have the levels of intrigue that The Titanic?
5. Timeless historical socio-political commentary (obviously, but what kind of action/romantic movies have this?)
6. Comedy. Literally re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Hear that all the time and it's never not funny.
7. Top knotch acting. The guy from "What's eating Gilbert Grape" has a blockbuster performance proving to the world he can be a leading character.
8. Great sountrack. Celine Dion literally kills it on the Titanic record. Even for people with high T levels it's a great song and gets me pumped up especially the high notes in the chorus parts.

Top 1 film for me, hopefully at least falling into your top 7s or at a mimimum top 10s lists of all time classic great timeless cinematic events.
grow up

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
The first time I saw Titanic I was in 3rd grade and my parents made me go with them. The movie made me cry and I've never watched it since. Hard pass

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
While I agree that Titanic is a master piece and one of the greatest movies ever made, I'll have to say that there is at least 12 movies I'd rather watch right now.

Inception
Gladiator
Requiem for a Dream
Full Metal Jacket
Saving Private Ryan
Scarface
Kill Bill: Volume 1
Jurassic Park
Mad Max: Fury Road
Terminator
The entire Pirates of the Caribbean series

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Godfather 2
The land before time
Godfather
Naked Gun 33 1/3
Not another teen movie
Zoolander
Titanic

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
While I agree that Titanic is a master piece and one of the greatest movies ever made, I'll have to say that there is at least 12 movies I'd rather watch right now.

Inception
Gladiator
Requiem for a Dream
Full Metal Jacket
Saving Private Ryan
Scarface
Kill Bill: Volume 1
Jurassic Park
Mad Max: Fury Road
Terminator
The entire Pirates of the Caribbean series

No shawshank?

Fail.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Titanic is a masterpiece. I wouldnt put it top 7 but its cameron in his prime before he got avatar’d

Reactions: VickAshley

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It's overrated imo. I like "mindheck" movies better. That's why Inception is THE greatest movie ever, if you ask me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions I guess. Over rated? Hardly. I don't like inception but I can appreciate how lots of people enjoy it. I wouldn't callit over rated. Calling a well written, well acted masterpiece like Shawshank "over rated" is a bit telling.

What was wrong with it that make it "over rated"?

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV

The Titanic has:

How did your Dad take it when you told him you were gay?

The ONLY reason to watch this movie when it came out was with a chick to get laid. Now, given - it worked every time.

But, that still doesn’t make it an all-time great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad