Is the O(old) B (boys) C (club) now dead?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Just a question

Mactavish is now in the Pat Quinn Office and Lowe has been shuffled of to the office next to Mact--

We still have several former oilers in and around the team--but their power is severely reduced or completely gone --Several scouts are former oilers and we have some coaches in the organization that are former oilers.

IS the old boy club dead or is it just hiding elsewhere in the system?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Just a question

Mactavish is now in the Pat Quinn Office and Lowe has been shuffled of to the office next to Mact--

We still have several former oilers in and around the team--but their power is severely reduced or completely gone --Several scouts are former oilers and we have some coaches in the organization that are former oilers.

IS the old boy club dead or is it just hiding elsewhere in the system?

I believe, to a certain extent, that an NHL organization should take care of those ex-players that truly bled for the team, and didn't necessarily make tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. Guys just like Buchy, Semenko, Smyttie, and yes, indeed Lowe and even Steve Smith (we all know what he endured for this team); guys that played over a decade, and stayed for the love of the team and city.

but, they belong as scouts, development coaches, minor league coaches, assistent coaches, assistent GMs. If and when they are deserving of the head coach or GM job (by proving it), then, fine. but, when they take that job, the loyalty and fandom go out the window.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
They don't have any say in hockey operations (as far as we know) but they are still still employed by the Oilers. The OBC still lives.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I'm scared that they're still lurking, waiting to reassert themselves if Chiarelli and Nicholson make a misstep.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Not dead. The poison still walks those halls.

Remember KLowes treatment of Comrie? I am still afraid for the organization as long as that arrogance lurks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad