Injury Report: Is The Nuge Activated? (Will Play Monday According to Eakins)

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
Can we please stop demoting Yakupov in our proposed line ups?

First over all pick, impressive first year and now he is on the third line with Gordon?

Move Hemsky to the LW and put Yakupov back on the right- we should be both trying to win and moving forward. Hemsky ahead of Yakupov is ridiculous.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Funny how bad MacT is when it comes to getting Center depth....it's like maybe, JUST MAYBE, he knew when Ryan Nugent Hopkins would return.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

First over all pick, impressive first year and now he is on the third line with Gordon?

Move Hemsky to the LW and put Yakupov back on the right- we should be both trying to win and moving forward. Hemsky ahead of Yakupov is ridiculous.

The Joensuu - Gordon - Yakupov line has been arguably our best line imo. It's not so much a demotion, as keeping the chemistry. I'd be fine with playing them as our top line next game

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
When Nuge comes back I'd send Arco down, and bring up Eager until Gags comes back

Perron Nuge Eberle
Hemsky Hall Yakupov
Joensuu Gordon Eager
Gazdik Acton Brown

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
Yakupov is a one shot scorer. He needs to be with a passer. Neither Gordon or Joensu qualify IMO.

Waste of talent.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

I agree. Hemsky doesn't work most of the time with anyone other than trailers since he insists on doing the entire play and hoping what he misses, the trailer picks up.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Neither do I. In the ideal world, Smyth is sitting in the PB. I'm just not sure it'll happen

If the Oilers want to prove to us that they are serious about winning they shouldn't let sentimentality get in the way of icing the best possible lineup.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

I don't see why it's ridiculous. Hemsky is our best forward alot of nights and is clearly ahead of Yakupov at this point in his career. I'm fine playing Hemsky on the first line.

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
I don't see why it's ridiculous. Hemsky is our best forward alot of nights and is clearly ahead of Yakupov at this point in his career. I'm fine playing Hemsky on the first line.

Hemsky is not clearly ahead of Yakupov in this point of his career.

Hemsky: 0.53 points per game- 2012/13

Yakupov: 0.65 points per game- 2012/13 in his rookieyear.

Yakupov likely has a top 5 elite shot in the league.

Edmonton is interfering with his progress by playing Hemsky ahead of him. Keep in mind that this is the same player that MacT stood in front of a microphone last summer and announced that he should be moving on.

If you need a vet to protect Hall, play Hemsky, but don't do it in Yakupov's place.

Eakins didn't give Yakupov a lick of top 6 minutes during the pre season and he is continuing to do it in the regular season (game one). Urgh.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Ughh why can't the Oilers just play Eberle at 1st line LW and waive Smyth already. Eberle gets a lot of his goals from the left anyways thanks to cross-ice feeds from the right and that filthy backhander. Smyth can't even keep up with the play. Nuge and Gagner can't get back fast enough. If it were up to me:

Eberle-Hall-Hemsky
Perron-Arcobello-Yakupov
Joensuu-Gordon-Pitlick/Jones/Eager
Gazdic-Acton-Brown

Healthy lineup:
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle
Joensuu-Gordon-Hemsky
Gazdic-NHLer-Brown

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
i agree with all the yak posts. imo we are not properly utilizing him by pairing him with 3rd liners.

H4LL

Jul 8, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Hall-Nuge-Yakupov
Perron-Arcobello-Eberle
Joensuu-Gordon-Hemsky
Gazdic-Acton-Brown
Smyth

When Gagner is healthy simply slot him in for Arcobello. No need to mix the lines up to the extent where players are playing out of position. This seems like the easiest transition for the team when Sam is ready. Also, Eakins could swap Yakupov and Eberle at will.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Hemsky is not clearly ahead of Yakupov in this point of his career.

Hemsky: 0.53 points per game- 2012/13

Yakupov: 0.65 points per game- 2012/13 in his rookieyear.

Yakupov likely has a top 5 elite shot in the league.

Edmonton is interfering with his progress by playing Hemsky ahead of him. Keep in mind that this is the same player that MacT stood in front of a microphone last summer and announced that he should be moving on.

If you need a vet to protect Hall, play Hemsky, but don't do it in Yakupov's place.

Eakins didn't give Yakupov a lick of top 6 minutes during the pre season and he is continuing to do it in the regular season (game one). Urgh.

The NHL isn't a development league. IF he needs to develop, perhaps he should go down to the AHL?

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Hall-Gordon-Hemsky
Joensuu-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Arcobello-Eberle

Roll 3 scoring lines and load up the 4th with big guys (and Smyth I guess). Sub Gagner for Arcobello and that looks really good.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
The NHL isn't a development league. IF he needs to develop, perhaps he should go down to the AHL?

What does Yakupov have left to learn in the AHL? There comes point where the NHL is the only place left to develop a player. Not to mention Yak produces at the NHL level.

McDeathbyCheerios*

All three of them pouted.
Imo... As long as arco play alright keep him there as a Gagner replacement... Roll..

Hall RNH Yak
Perron Arco Eberle
Joensuu Gordon Hemsky

Top line did amazing last year, Ebs and Perron are building chemistry, Joensuu and Gordon would screen the goalie and clear the way for Hemsky to work his magic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->