Is the NHLPA losing the perception war because of Baseball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
joeminus said:
Fair points.

However, the fact remains there is dissent among the owners. (Although, like someone else mentioned, it is most certainly a minority.)

In any case, Bettman and the league are leading this charge without regard to the thoughts/feelings/opinions of their owners. Even if a majority of owners didn't like it, he'd be doing the same for the very reasons I outlined above. In that sense, he is definitely NOT doing the owners' bidding, even if many/most of them support his plan.

You do realize you are contradicting yourself in the same post? How can Bettman be leading this charge without regard to the thoughts/feelings/opinions of their owners when you say the owners that disagree with him are in the minority?

If the majority of owners don't like what is going on, can't they just vote to get rid of Bettman?

If enough owners didn't like what Bettman was doing, couldn't they vote to remove the fine for talking? Then say whatever they want?

I know they gave Bettman a deal where he can reject any CBA he does not recommend if he has only 8 owners to support him. Did the owners not vote to give him that power? He got that power probably because the owners knew at some point some owners would not like the deal being offered and they wanted to ensure in advance it was the right deal for everybody, not just the top teams.

joeminus

Mar 3, 2002
Tampa, FL
Visit site
I'm not contradicting myself at all.

Just because the majority of owners support what he's doing doesn't necessarily mean he's doing it because they support him.

See?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad