Is the NA3HL and / or the NA3EHL just a gimmick?

lewytown

Nov 8, 2007
Lewiston, Maine
well, the N.H. Fighting Spirit came to Lewiston, and played their two games against Lockport Express (NY) split, lost the first game 3-2 won the second 5-2. Have to say it was pretty good hockey, (based on not having a team here for three years) it felt good watching live hockey again.The team was a little spooked on Friday night, plating in front of 850 fans (which are used to approx. 50 fans) and settled down on Sunday with about 450 fans. As the owner spoke to the media, he was stating that this fall as the team moves here to it's new venue (going from a 600 seat rink to a 3,700 seat arena), ther is talk along with a NA3EHL team, they are in talks with the ECHL in bringing in a D-1 tier team as well using the Spirit as a feeder system.
So in saying, if everything falls into place, we might go from nothing for three years, to TWO teams in the same season. that would be sweet. We will be the L-A (Lewiston, Auburn) Fighting Spirit and I guess we wait and see who, and /or which team is re-locating from the ECHL.

Its not a team from the ECHL, the second team would be a tier 2 team from the NAHL, which is a team thats a bit higher than what you saw this past weekend, based on what I can tell, pretty sure this is going to happen and definitely has some traction...just trying to finalize logistics as most teams in the NAHL are based in the midwest so they are working on making an East Coast Division...so basically the
NA3EHL would be a feeder potentially to the NAHL team

NEGenerals

Mar 30, 2015
Boston, MA
Na3ehl

I agree with a lot of the points people made. Junior leagues can be a gimmick but that is at every level. I am the owner of a new NA3EHL team. To me it is all what the Coach promises. If a Coach in any of those leagues is promising 1.) ice time or 2.) college hockey then they are lying to you. They need to promise you one thing. That if you come in and work hard you will be put in front of the appropriate people to show off your skills. Your improvement will largely be based on how dedicated you are to the workout programs, nutrition plan, practices but ultimately your talent level. A Coach can help you a great deal but he isn't going to turn a 18 year old kid with no chance to play college hockey into a division 1 talent. But they can help you improve and get the exposure you need.

Bryan Erikson
northeastgenerals.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad