Is the "Leafs Bounce a sign of success to come in 2018-2019?

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Ok, I couldn't help but laugh when Hainsey tosses a puck for what would be icing 98 times out of 100 and it takes a ridiculous bounce off the boards and into the Red Wings net.

If that very same play happened a few years ago, Phaneuf would fire it in the same manner, it would go for icing, the Red Wings score to tie it up with 4 seconds left and promptly end the game in OT.

The positive energy from this team is bending the Universe with it's Will and not the other way around as has happened for so many decades. :thumbu: :popcorn:

Last edited:

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
The universe is balancing things out in our favour now. We've suffered to an almost unnecessary level over the years. I will gladly thank the hockey gods and take every damn last bounce we can get.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I suppose Nylander's going to wake up feeling guilty tomorrow & call Dubas to say:

"just give me $3,000,000 x 8"

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I've said before and I'll reiterate here:

This team is starting to cultivate a 'Team of Destiny' mystique.

Look at all the good stuff that's gone down in the last four years:

- Drafting Willy, who the Canes and Canucks passed on for Fleury and Virtanen respectively (*snicker*).

- Landing the best coach in the game.

- Bringing on a legendary GM, albeit a guy long past his prime and placing him in a role to provide largely mentorship and shape the atmosphere without having his fingerprints on too many personnel decisions.

- Arizona drafts Dylan Strome instead of Mitch Marner.

- We win the lottery, one of the best 30th place teams in memory.

- Matthews four goal debut. He clinches the playoffs on an empty net goal with 3.4 seconds left for his 40th goal.

- We lose but push the Caps hard.

- Next draft, 'oh look...a high upside RHD who was ranked in the top three dropped to us, yoink!'

- Playoffs again.

- John Tavares.

- Matt Martin, zero retention.

There's some good vibes up in this piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad