Is the Heat From the Poor Start the Best Thing that Could've Happened to the Oilers?

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
They may have played terribly at the tale end of his time there as is the case with most coaches when they get fired, but I wouldn't summarize the whole of his time with the Sharks as just a non-stop string of them playing terribly. Your post made no reference that you were basing your evaluation on his last 86 games with the team as opposed to the entire breadth of his time with the Sharks organization.

Yes and that was my mistake. For a team as talented as the Sharks and favored as many years as they were, they should have had deeper runs and failed most of the time. Go ask Sharks fans what drove them crazy about Mclellan, they can get more into detail about how he botched playoff series year after year.

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Is it possible that the heat being turned up on coaching and managemenr was actually a good thing if both are here for at least a short while?

It seems to me like the heat from the fans and higher up got Todd to actually put Jesse with Drai at least temporarily. Had the team been doing well maybe he doesn't get that chance either due to the coaches bias or the managers instruction to keep his prime ice time down to keep his next contract down.

I really think that the poor start could work to our advantage in many ways assuming that we have turned the corner.

I 'm not sure the lack of success and accompanying heat that goes with it, is necessarily a good thing most times, but especially for a younger team that lacks confidence. But unlike a poster on here who blames us the fans as one of the major issues for this teams problems, then, okay, I'll take credit for bringing some heat on them and making this all happen.:D

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I 'm not sure the lack of success and accompanying heat that goes with it, is necessarily a good thing most times, but especially for a younger team that lacks confidence. But unlike a poster on here who blames us the fans as one of the major issues for this teams problems, then, okay, I'll take credit for bringing some heat on them and making this all happen.:D

Were you at the game cheering the boys n last night? If so I'll give you 1/18,000th the credit for the win last night too :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad