Is the Draft being televised on OLN in the U.S.?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Yep, I've seen ads on OLN for it. June 24th at 6PM EST. It's possible they could be taking TSN's feed.

Just wondering, but when did the draft get switched to an evening event? I find it kind of strange.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
SensGuy said:
Just wondering, but when did the draft get switched to an evening event? I find it kind of strange.

this year...not sure the reason. maybe they think more people will watch if its during primetime but saturday night people go out. i like the noon start much better cause it makes it like a day long event if the local team has a draft party

Old Hickory

Being on the west coast, I like it better at this time slot. It's easier to get together and watch the draft with friends.
It's not easy to find a place that is open that early in the morning

JR#9*

I heard it got pushed to that time slot because there are World Cup games during the afternoon so they pushed the draft back to the evening.

Mythology

Jan 14, 2006
What is the time limit for each pick so we can get an estimate of how many picks will actually be televised in 3 hours?

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Mythology said:
What is the time limit for each pick so we can get an estimate of how many picks will actually be televised in 3 hours?

I would assume its only the first round, so if there is 180 minutes and 30 picks, I assume each team will get 6 minutes to pick a players. I am just assuming and probably wrong but this is what I think.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
kingsjohn said:
Being on the west coast, I like it better at this time slot. It's easier to get together and watch the draft with friends.
Where are you guys going to watch it this year?

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
kingsjohn said:

Well the one Kings draft party up at Hollywood and Highland was pretty cool. Especially when you had a close up seat of the buffet table and could watch Jaroslav Modry put back half eaten hot dogs.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
danaluvsthekings said:
Well the one Kings draft party up at Hollywood and Highland was pretty cool. Especially when you had a close up seat of the buffet table and could watch Jaroslav Modry put back half eaten hot dogs.
That sick *******. I remember the "highlight" of that party was the introduction of Cechmanek.... :amazed:

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
Reaper45 said:
That sick *******. I remember the "highlight" of that party was the introduction of Cechmanek.... :amazed:

I used one of the free frisbees they were giving away for autographs. Frolov is the only one who's still with the organization. I've got Cechmanek, Kip Brennan, Brad Norton, Brad Chartrand, Modry, and Frolov's autographs on one.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
inferno98 said:
I would assume its only the first round, so if there is 180 minutes and 30 picks, I assume each team will get 6 minutes to pick a players. I am just assuming and probably wrong but this is what I think.

You're probably right about the number of rounds, but wrong about the amount of time they get to pick. You have to allow time for pregame/postgame analysis and commercials. I don't know how long they will get per pick, but I doubt it's more than 5 minutes. Someone will know, and post it eventually.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Squeaky said:
You're probably right about the number of rounds, but wrong about the amount of time they get to pick. You have to allow time for pregame/postgame analysis and commercials. I don't know how long they will get per pick, but I doubt it's more than 5 minutes. Someone will know, and post it eventually.
5 minutes first round
3 minutes every other round
at least that's was the way it was in 2003

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Isn't this schedule typical of past US TV coverage where it was a three hour show which basically meant first round coverage? As for the TSN feed, that would make sense. Didn't OLN also use the TSN feed for the Crosby draft lottery?

During the last draft MSG had simultaneous coverage of the draft with their own broadcast team. Anybody know if MSG or any other NHL team's media partner will be doing such a simulcast this year?

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Squeaky said:

Yeah its probably 5 minutes, this way there is time for pre-game and post-game like you said.

But commericals and analysis goes on while teams are on the clock, they dont just show the team that is on the clock talking.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
does TSN cover beyond the first round in Canada? and if so is there a live web feed of it usually?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Chief said:
Isn't this schedule typical of past US TV coverage where it was a three hour show which basically meant first round coverage? As for the TSN feed, that would make sense. Didn't OLN also use the TSN feed for the Crosby draft lottery?

During the last draft MSG had simultaneous coverage of the draft with their own broadcast team. Anybody know if MSG or any other NHL team's media partner will be doing such a simulcast this year?

OLN didn't broadcast the draft. They got the TV contract after the draft. The draft was split up among regional sports networks. In Tampa area it was on CSS and they cut away midway through the first round.

I would think it is only the first round shown on OLN this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->