Is the Carter Hart hype premature?

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
My point is still going way over your head. Lemme try to simplify: your writing was shitty and contradictory.
Your arguing with an irrational person. Here's the thing, for such a young goalie hes has played phenomenal in alot of games and has also had rough patches. elite goalies do put up playoff numbers like Hart btw for that poster, it wasn't a few games he played two series and almost took them to the conference finals. So with that being said he's going to be fine and its not premature at all. Truly elite goalies are hard to come by obviously but Harts technique and play when he's on suggest he could absolutely become one. The team this year so far is doing him no favors either which they should be as wether or not hes playing lights out hes still to young to have that mental understanding of what it truly takes to be a number 1. Look at Prices first like 4 seasons, he wasn't very good either

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think the OP was spot on with saying the rankings he was receiving were premature before the season. That said, the kid will be fine. He reminds me so much of Carey Price at that age it’s scary. Price had a really good start and hit a wall for two seasons before putting it together. It’s normal for goaltenders that young to have high high’s and low low’s.

Reactions: Wats

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Goalie development happens late. He is way ahead of any other young goalies at this age. The hype is certainly deserved, if you know what to look for the talent, positioning, movement and tracking is very elite. Takes a while for a goalie to develop hockey sense and you get that from reps. He is going to be a star.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Boston has eaten him...and the Flyers...alive.

0-2-2 .843 SV% 5.32 GAA vs Boston

6-2-1 .917 SV% 2.70 GAA vs everyone else

Bruins scored 8 PP goals in the 4 games vs Hart in 22 shots .623 SV%. And if you watched the games, Hart was not all to blame on the goals.

But yeah, very inconsistent year.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
After seeing him in the bubble, I think he's still got much to learn. his framing is awful

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Goalie development happens late. He is way ahead of any other young goalies at this age. The hype is certainly deserved, if you know what to look for the talent, positioning, movement and tracking is very elite. Takes a while for a goalie to develop hockey sense and you get that from reps. He is going to be a star.

Boston has eaten him...and the Flyers...alive.

0-2-2 .843 SV% 5.32 GAA vs Boston

6-2-1 .917 SV% 2.70 GAA vs everyone else

Bruins scored 8 PP goals in the 4 games vs Hart in 22 shots .623 SV%. And if you watched the games, Hart was not all to blame on the goals.

But yeah, very inconsistent year.

depends which hype. “He’s insanely good already”, sure.

but as the above said he’s young and ahead of his development. It’s a great thing he’s as good as he is, also even after all these weeks since OP his sample is small,

and I’m fairly certain losing Niskanen was always going to hurt the flyers, which in a tough division with some of the greatest scorers + the nature of a long season with the same few teams meaning playing potentially 3 games against those scorers on a hot streak and/or your team in front is simultaneously playing at its lowest point , etc

Inconsistency and less than amazing should always have been expected. He’s going to be great in the future

*and I still wouldn’t be surprised if he heats up before this season ends. He could still end with some of the league better numbers if he heats up soon enough and it’s lasts. Goalies go on crazy hot streaks every year and win Vezina votes for just the second half of their season. Not saying that will happen here, just that it has in the past. It’s technically still early.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->