Speculation: Is the bye week helping or hurting us?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'd think it helps. Not only do the players get a chance to heal a bit physically but they also get a break mentally. It will also be nice to see where we really stand as far as the playoff picture is concerned seeing as how most if not all of the games in hand other teams have will be gone.

Just gotta keep up the recent pace until stammer comes back and hope for the best. Gotta stay positive. :)

Last edited:

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I think the last games were encouraging to the team, not only for the points that we badly needed but just as much cause they played well and deserved them. Let us hope they cracked the code and keep up the speed and aggressiveness!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It's a legit question. I understand why fans would be a little concerned about taking off some time after the team has looked pretty good in its last few games. I think there is some positives as well. Get the team some time off and heal a bit. Maybe they will reflect on what has worked and what hasn't. Regardless of whether it was helpful or not the team doesn't have much choice and they are in a position where they need to dig deep and play some pretty outstanding hockey for the rest of the season. I guess crazier things happen.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
There's no doubt they played better lately, especially the goalies but the concern is that it might too little too late. Injuries or not, this team not making the playoffs is inexcusable IMO.

Let's be clear, the Atlantic division is weak as **** but our 5v5 game was beyond atrocious and goaltending didn't bail them out = Probable for a early rendez-vous on the golf course. Ugh.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
5 days off and they can practice on the 5th day if there's a game the next day I believe. And what's the purpose of a week off if they can't even visit their families because they have to stay and practice every day ? That wouldn't be a bye week.

Not everyday but a few practices would be nice. Jumping into a game after so much time off will only hurt them.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Well the players union negotiated it so that's what the players ostensibly wanted. Though Boyle has been quoted as saying it's stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->