Speculation: Is the bye week helping or hurting us?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Especially now that we're finally on a point streak longer than two games I think it hurts us. Sure guys will take the week to heal off a bit but I fear they get rusty and our little comeback streak is over before it really started.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well, I think it was Joe Smith that tweeted out that teams coming off of their bye weeks are like 14-22 in their first 5 games. We can't afford to go 2-3 post-break.

This team getting a break scares me after we have looked better recently

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Tampa's playoffs hopes could hardly be on a thinner line. A single losing streak and it's over, losing games in regulation time and it's over, Division rivals getting hot and it's over. This is it, the team has its back against the wall. The only way they still can sneak into the playoffs is very simple : Win and win a lot.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Tampa's playoffs hopes could hardly be on a thinner line. A single losing streak and it's over, losing games in regulation time and it's over, Division rivals getting hot and it's over. This is it, the team has its back against the wall. The only way they still can sneak into the playoffs is very simple : Win and win a lot.

And hope there aren't a lot of 3 point games between division rivals. Too many of those will sink us too.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
And hope there aren't a lot of 3 point games between division rivals. Too many of those will sink us too.

You know how bad the situation is when you stop having control of your own destiny...
I agree with the guy saying we should be sellers by the trade deadline if we're showing the same incapacity to make up ground in the standings in the next 5 games. It's now or never, period.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Taking missing the cup, our position, and handful of games before the deadline, if we lose two given the Bruins winning again, and the 4 teams we still have to climb over, we are selling. This is where the Coyotes, otl losses two road trips ago, and lazy losses come back to bite us in the butt. They need to win 4/5 before the TDL.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
The two teams directly below us both get to play the Avs this week which isn't the best news for keeping our current spot.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You know, whatever is expected to happen, the Lightning do the opposite. So I wouldn't really speculate about this kind of stuff and just watch what happens. :laugh:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
A team playing like the Bolts deserves no additional resting period. We will come back slower and not in the game and have a tougher schedule ahead on top of that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's helping tremendously. It's buying more time for Johnson, Callahan and Stamkos to return and it's finally chipping away at all these extra games we have played so in a way it's balancing our standing in the playoff race.

I personally think we could have used this break over a month ago but it is what it is

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
It's hard to say. But everything points at the team losing some momentum.

Hopefully the guys can use the break to recover, refresh and be ready for this mammoth playoff push

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
You know, whatever is expected to happen, the Lightning do the opposite. So I wouldn't really speculate about this kind of stuff and just watch what happens. :laugh:

True that. Let's keep expecting the worst. We're gonna go 0-5-0 after the bye.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
So 7 days not on the ice then they jump right into a game? If that's true that is ridiculously stupid.

5 days off and they can practice on the 5th day if there's a game the next day I believe. And what's the purpose of a week off if they can't even visit their families because they have to stay and practice every day ? That wouldn't be a bye week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad