4. New Jersey: Couturier or Huberdeau
5. Islanders: Hamilton
6. Ottawa: Landeskog or Couturier or Zibanejad
7. Winnipeg: Strome or Zibanejad
8. Columbus: Strome or Zibanejad
9. Boston: Murphy or Beaulieu or Bartschi
10. Minnesota: Beaulieu or Bartschi
11. Colorado: Bartschi or Oleksiak

Armia is more probable choice for Wild than Bartschi.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
1. Nugent-Hopkins
2. Huberdeau
3. Couturier
4. Larsson
5. Landeskog
6. Zibanejad
7. Strome
8. Hamilton/Murphy
9. Murphy/Hamilton

Boston should get one of Murphy or Hamilton, IMO. It's not too hard to predict on paper but anything can happen on draft day.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Murphy to Columbus is like 99.9%. I don't think I've seen a decent mock draft that doesn't have them picking him.

I see one of Strome Zibanejad or possibly Huberdeau available, or else they have their pick of the next best defenseman. Most likely Beaulieu.

it seems like most people are going with Murphy to CBJ. whether or not that's who they actually choose or if it's the 'right' pick for them right now...i'd say the REAL wildcard there is the rumors swirling that the Jackets 8th pick is seriously in play.

if Columbus makes a deal and doesn't pick at 8th, then i could see Murphy taking a bit of a fall if the Bruins have a shot at Hamilton instead. you've got Minny, Colorado, Carolina, Calgary after that, and i'm not sure i see any of those teams picking Murphy. but who knows really. :dunno:

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
I don't think it's all that hard to predict.

This has become a 9 player draft with Z-bad now in the mix. So picking 9th, the Bruins will (or at least should) take whichever one of the 9 is left when their turn comes along.

If that's Strome/Zbad/Couturier... Great! A potential running mate for Seguin.
If it's Murphy/Hamilton... Great! A dynamic offensive dman to fill an area of need.

As much as I'd be tempted to go with Strome if he fell to us (and along with Murphy, I'd say he's the most likely faller)...I'd probably consider passing on him to grab Beaulieu, who has all the makings of a dynamic #2 guy who can QB a PP. I like Strome, but I get worried about guys who are small and play perimeter games in the CHL.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
As much as I'd be tempted to go with Strome if he fell to us (and along with Murphy, I'd say he's the most likely faller)...I'd probably consider passing on him to grab Beaulieu, who has all the makings of a dynamic #2 guy who can QB a PP. I like Strome, but I get worried about guys who are small and play perimeter games in the CHL.

I haven't seen enough of Strome, but I've watched Beaulieu enough now to have some major questions about his ability to be a top pairing guy at the NHL level. I worry that he's more destined to be Marc Andre Bergeron than he is to be Kris Letang.

Just based on what I've read and what I've seen (in limited viewings), it seems like #10 is the toughest pick to predict now. Zibanejad has most likely added some clarity to who goes in the top 9, and should the order go as predicted, then they than have a handful of guys to choose from.

zeus3007*

I think 9 is a tough call, but I also think its tough to call three and four. Will Florida take Landeskog, Coutourier or Huberdeau (assuming Larsson goes 2nd). Will the Devils take one of those three, or one of the defensemen left to help restock their blueline (thinking specifically of Murphy or Hamilton). Basically, after number one, there are a lot of ways that this draft can go. That's what is entertaining to me.

mikeymac

Aug 24, 2005
There is almost always a surprise.
So i bet of the consensus top 9, one of them will be available at 10 easily, and likely at 11.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
9th pick should be the easiest to predict:MURPHY or BEAULIEU --because BOS needs to find its long-term future PP qb -and they should get a preference choice among these 2 best fit to org need "solution" for that role ..

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
9th pick should be the easiest to predict:MURPHY or BEAULIEU --because BOS needs to find its long-term future PP qb -and they should get a preference choice among these 2 best fit to org need "solution" for that role ..

Well it is possible that the Bruins decide Murphy or Beaulieu is the best player available at #9, I think they would be dumb to force someone into that slot to fill an organizational need when you are talking about players who are 2-3 years away from filling that need.

I would certainly hope the Bruins wouldn't force a Beaulieu into that slot over a real high end potential player like Zibinajad or Strome if one of them were there just because they perceive an organizational need

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Well it is possible that the Bruins decide Murphy or Beaulieu is the best player available at #9, I think they would be dumb to force someone into that slot to fill an organizational need when you are talking about players who are 2-3 years away from filling that need.

I would certainly hope the Bruins wouldn't force a Beaulieu into that slot over a real high end potential player like Zibinajad or Strome if one of them were there just because they perceive an organizational need

That would make me angry beyond belief if we drafted for need instead of BPA. I still think the Bruins get Strome.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Strome imo wont b available at 9. Either sens or atl would take him. hamilton possibly falling to 9 would b a dream. i wonder though if the islanders would really pass him up. other than bpa, lots of mock drafts have bruins picking siemens. would he be considered a reach? is there such thing as a bruins type player vs hawks type of player?

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
you and me both. that would be sick i'd order the jersey that day

I would never hear the end of it if they picked Oleksiak. I know a guy who works at Northeastern's Athletic Marketing department and I told him the Bruins won't pick Oleksiak at #9. If the Bruins pick him I will never hear the end of it.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
it seems like most people are going with Murphy to CBJ. whether or not that's who they actually choose or if it's the 'right' pick for them right now...i'd say the REAL wildcard there is the rumors swirling that the Jackets 8th pick is seriously in play.

if Columbus makes a deal and doesn't pick at 8th, then i could see Murphy taking a bit of a fall if the Bruins have a shot at Hamilton instead. you've got Minny, Colorado, Carolina, Calgary after that, and i'm not sure i see any of those teams picking Murphy. but who knows really. :dunno:

I wonder *if* the so called carter to cbj for 8th overall+ happens who philly would take. They are pretty much set in all areas, and assuming Bryz signs there I would assume they take the BPA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad