Is the 9th pick hardest to predict?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
At one instance its considered easy, since whoever drops out of the top 8, it is very likely the Bruins just snag the leftover player.

But if the top 8 is all gone , is the consensus pick at 9th Mika Z or Beaulieu?

Not factoring in position need but just best available talent, who deserves to be chosen 9th?

Menwithouthat tricks

Dec 25, 2002
Visit site
My guess is Zibinejad will move up into the top 8 and Ryan Murphy will be pushed out. In that case, the BPA remaining will probably be Bartschi (forward) or Murphy or Beaulieu (Defensemen, if Boston drafts for need).

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Boston will choose the best available defenseman, so it's gonna be one of these guys:

Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murphy
Nathan Beaulieu
Duncan Siemens

Wild card choice would be Oleksiak, imagine him playing with Chara... :naughty:

Last edited:

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Murphy to Columbus is like 99.9%. I don't think I've seen a decent mock draft that doesn't have them picking him.

I see one of Strome Zibanejad or possibly Huberdeau available, or else they have their pick of the next best defenseman. Most likely Beaulieu.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I think #5 is far harder to predict. As many people want to chalk it up to Hamilton but a few writers around the Islanders warned fans not to be to hyped of that pick. I mean Hamilton is more a fan generated desire than anything.

The Islanders are going to be more a victim of "left overs" than anyone else. Hence, what makes their pick so hard to predict.

I mean other than RNH and maybe Landeskog you can without a doubt see the possibility of Huberdeau, Larsson, or Couturier falling to the Islanders depending.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Boston will choose the best available defenseman, so it's gonna be one of these guys:

Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murphy
Nathan Beaulieu
Duncan Siemens

Wild card choice would be Oleksiak, imagine him playing with Chara... :naughty:

I would be so pumped if they did this, but it won't happen. How was his combine? From what I heard it was good.

Koto

May 3, 2011
There is a pretty good chance none of them are left after that.

um? really? rnh larsson landeskog huburdeau couturier hamilton is 6

one of zibenjad strome and murphy is the guy who will be avaliable at 9

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
There is a pretty good chance none of them are left after that.

Really? I mean, sure, it's *possible* ... but that means one of Couturier or Hamilton is (I think it's a pipe dream at this point to suggest RNH Larsson Huberdeau or Landeskog might fall as far as 9). I think Koto's post was based on the assumption that the top 6 are gone and thus 9 is the untaken of the next three - if you're suggesting the next three will all be gone that means one of the top six isn't. Which isn't exactly a downgrade from Koto's suggestion.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I don't think it's all that hard to predict.

This has become a 9 player draft with Z-bad now in the mix. So picking 9th, the Bruins will (or at least should) take whichever one of the 9 is left when their turn comes along.

If that's Strome/Zbad/Couturier... Great! A potential running mate for Seguin.
If it's Murphy/Hamilton... Great! A dynamic offensive dman to fill an area of need.

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

This has become a 9 player draft with Z-bad now in the mix. So picking 9th, the Bruins will (or at least should) take whichever one of the 9 is left when they're turn comes along.

If it's Murphy/Hamilton... Great! A dynamic offensive dman to fill an area of need.

This.

Pyke*

This has become a 9 player draft with Z-bad now in the mix. So picking 9th, the Bruins will (or at least should) take whichever one of the 9 is left when they're turn comes along.

I'm fairly sure Murphy will be available at 9, but nobody else in that list will be.

1. Edmonton: RNH or Larsson
2. Colorado: Larsson or Landeskog
3. Florida: Huberdeau or RNH
4. New Jersey: Couturier or Huberdeau
5. Islanders: Hamilton
6. Ottawa: Landeskog or Couturier or Zibanejad
7. Winnipeg: Strome or Zibanejad
8. Columbus: Strome or Zibanejad
9. Boston: Murphy or Beaulieu or Bartschi
10. Minnesota: Beaulieu or Bartschi
11. Colorado: Bartschi or Oleksiak

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
um? really? rnh larsson landeskog huburdeau couturier hamilton is 6

one of zibenjad strome and murphy is the guy who will be avaliable at 9

Really? I mean, sure, it's *possible* ... but that means one of Couturier or Hamilton is (I think it's a pipe dream at this point to suggest RNH Larsson Huberdeau or Landeskog might fall as far as 9). I think Koto's post was based on the assumption that the top 6 are gone and thus 9 is the untaken of the next three - if you're suggesting the next three will all be gone that means one of the top six isn't. Which isn't exactly a downgrade from Koto's suggestion.

Strome, Murphy, Zibanejad or Hamilton will be available at 9 no matter what...

I'm thinking Hamilton might be there.

RNH/Lando/Huberdeau/Couturier/Larsson/Strome/Zibanajed/Murphy.

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
I'm fairly sure Murphy will be available at 9, but nobody else in that list will be.

1. Edmonton: RNH or Larsson
2. Colorado: Larsson or Landeskog
3. Florida: Huberdeau or RNH
4. New Jersey: Couturier or Huberdeau
5. Islanders: Hamilton
6. Ottawa: Landeskog or Couturier or Zibanejad
7. Winnipeg: Strome or Zibanejad
8. Columbus: Strome or Zibanejad
9. Boston: Murphy or Beaulieu or Bartschi
10. Minnesota: Beaulieu or Bartschi
11. Colorado: Bartschi or Oleksiak

Murphy to Columbus is highly likely.

Menwithouthat tricks

Dec 25, 2002
Visit site
I think #5 is far harder to predict. As many people want to chalk it up to Hamilton but a few writers around the Islanders warned fans not to be to hyped of that pick. I mean Hamilton is more a fan generated desire than anything.

The Islanders are going to be more a victim of "left overs" than anyone else. Hence, what makes their pick so hard to predict.

I mean other than RNH and maybe Landeskog you can without a doubt see the possibility of Huberdeau, Larsson, or Couturier falling to the Islanders depending.

As far as I've heard, the Isles aren't scheduled to have Huberdeau for a visit, o he might not be a possibility. So the Isles possibilities are:
Whoever drops out of the top 5 (assume Couturier)
Hamilton
Strome
Zibinejad

Just from my own prejudices, I'm ruling Murphy out. So that's 4 possibles.

For #9, it's whoever drops, which I think will be Murphy, but crazy things can happen, so who knows if someone like Couturier slips that far. So #9 will likely be a choice of Murphy, Bartschi, or some other reaches on defense. I think Boston's choice for defenseman will be obvious by the time they pick, and they just have to choose if they go F or D.

Jumbo*

At one instance its considered easy, since whoever drops out of the top 8, it is very likely the Bruins just snag the leftover player.

But if the top 8 is all gone , is the consensus pick at 9th Mika Z or Beaulieu?

Not factoring in position need but just best available talent, who deserves to be chosen 9th?

Yea you answered your own question and no top 8 wont all be gone.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Personally, I'd like the Bruins to draft Beaulieu at 9, assuming Columbus takes Murphy.

Murphy tops my wishlist, Beaulieu is second, unless somebody else some the top 8 drops to 9.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
OK, I predict Murphy, Beaulieu, Zibanejad or Strome at #9

now predict #25 and tell me whats harder to predict

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad