Is Tavares worth his contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Mar 14, 2015
Tavares is a great player, but is he worth 11M x 7? It depends, all teams are in different situations and I dont think Leafs should have sign him on that cap hit.

But what the hell, they got him and now they have value they can trade for D help. Trade Willy and get the best D you can can get and go for it.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I watched the Leafs game last night and was not impressed with Tavares at all. Looking back on his game logs / stats and after a hot start he has 1 goal in his last 10 games and 4 points in his last 8. Minus 4 over that period as well. How has he played overall?
His 11 million is already having an effect on future contracts by all accounts.
The last 4-5 years might be tough to swallow and the contract is almost buyout proof.

Oh wow... it is almost like you didn't pay one ounce of attention to the first 9 years of his career. He'll finish this season at around 1 PPG and he'll get a vast majority of those points in around 40 of his games

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
Oh wow... it is almost like you didn't pay one ounce of attention to the first 9 years of his career. He'll finish this season at around 1 PPG and he'll get a vast majority of those points in around 40 of his games

For a guy making 11 million dollars a season, Johnny T has alot of games where he does absolutely nothing and he is invisible.

StannisFollower

Oct 10, 2018
No, but not to the point of regretting it. The minute he became a ufa someone was going to overpay.

Still a great player, and he will finish ppg when its all said and done, imo.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
You're responding to a person named FUJudad91...

Can't wait for the Iles to sellout their first game this season on February 28th.
To be fair, the New York Metro population is over 20 MILLION people. It’s hard to find enough people to sell out an 18,000 seat arena with ONLY 20 million people to choose from

Arizona, Carolina, Florida, New York islanders. All similar fan base sizes

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
You're responding to a person named FUJudad91...

Can't wait for the Iles to sellout their first game this season on February 28th.

Umm excuse me, but that was in honor of my grandmother Judy who is 91. Forever Urs. Who always taught me your "word" means everything.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Is he worth 11 million? No. But thats what happens when players like that hit the market. Gotta pay a few million more. He's worth somewhere between 8-9 million imo.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
But im talking about winning cups.

Can Isles win the cup w Barzal being the best player ?

The list i made are in imo centres that their respective teams can win the cup with if they were the best players on their team.

I just dont believe Barzal plays that type of game but it doesnt take away from his talent.

So 7 games of NHL playtime for Pettersson and he's already a center that can win you the Cup... unlike Barzal. Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad