Is Tampa for real or just a matter of a weak division?

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
The only way the Leafs are one level above Tampa is if they're watching the game from the arena seats.
Lol, indeed. And Leafs fans wonder why nobody takes them seriously.

I don't think TBL get past Washington unless Vasilevskiy takes it to the next level. The rise of Tom Wilson makes the Caps a scary team. And Vasi looks fatigued again, just like last year.

Last edited:

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
If Tampa loses this..it will take a miracle to come back. Tampa is a byproduct of a weak passive division. The grind of the playoffs will kill em. Columbus looks legit thus far

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
If Tampa loses this..it will take a miracle to come back. Tampa is a byproduct of a weak passive division. The grind of the playoffs will kill em. Columbus looks legit thus far
No..in general u only play the division teams one more time than the opposite division..and even then u play either one or 2 teams in the opposite division the same as your division..this makes no sense..as a Caps fan it's called The President's Cup pressure.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Flipwon

Jun 25, 2018
Tampa isnt in the Pacific dude

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Lol, indeed. And Leafs fans wonder why nobody takes them seriously.

I don't think TBL get past Washington unless Vasilevskiy takes it to the next level. The rise of Tom Wilson makes the Caps a scary team. And Vasi looks fatigued again, just like last year.
Critical thinking always lacking with some folks. The dude isn't even a Leafs fan, he is a Caps fan...

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
No. They are a good team. But nothing beats the NHL playoffs where upsets happen more than any other professional sports league.

Reactions: karnige

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I'm a little offended that no one can believe Columbus is this good, they have to insult Tampa to explain what's going on. No Tampa is not a byproduct of a weak division. They dominated every division this regular season.

Reactions: Sstroh84

illpucks

May 26, 2011
No. They are a good team. But nothing beats the NHL playoffs where upsets happen more than any other professional sports league.
I honestly don't think it's an upset. Columbus pre-Ottawa trade yes, but the Jackets are stacked in talent after the trade. On paper it's close.

Reactions: majormajor

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tampa Bay is for real but the playoffs is the true test
All about matchups and adjustments. This is where coaches and top end players make their mark and money.

Opposition will try to take away what you do best. Can you either raise your game to another level and do what you do best or can you adjust to what they are doing and find another way?

Reactions: NyQuil

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
No..in general u only play the division teams one more time than the opposite division..and even then u play either one or 2 teams in the opposite division the same as your division..this makes no sense..as a Caps fan it's called The President's Cup pressure.

Yeah, the President’s trophy is almost like a curse.

Since the trophy started being handed out in 1985, only 8 presidents trophy winning teams have also won the Cup.

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Yeah, the President’s trophy is almost like a curse.

Since the trophy started being handed out in 1985, only 8 presidents trophy winning teams have also won the Cup.

There's no curse. And I'll assume your numbers (haven't audited them) but that's a good percentage of winners from a single seed. Sixteen seeds make the playoffs, so over 32 playoffs you'd expect each seed to win two Cups. If you're saying that the Presidents Trophy winners win four times as often as a typical seed, how is that a curse?

The Stanley Cup is hard to win simply because of the numbers involved. Even if a team is an overwhelming favorite (say, 5-to-1) in each of their series, that team will win the Cup less than half of the time (about 48%). That's no curse.

Reactions: majormajor

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I haven't checked, but with 62 wins, I'm pretty sure their out of division record was spectacular too.

Great 2 games for CBJ but it'd be silly to count out TB already.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
na playoffs are about grit and sandpaper. jackets are showing it. plus less penalties are called in the playoffs which is tampas bread and biutter

Reactions: KCC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad