Is Swedens forward group still very good?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Gabriel Landeskog was dropped to the second unit when Colorado wanted a win (Saad took his place). Bäckström is way over the top both age and hockey wise. The rest of the Swedish lot doesn't scar that too much to me. Except for maybe big baby Hedman - but in the Sweden squad he ain't surrounded by stars like he is in Tampa Bay Lightning.

Landeskog has produced more points than Saad for several years in row , including this playoffs. In no way is Saad better than Landeskog.

Bäckström is still very good, almost ppg this season.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Any country that can boast Petterson on line 3 is doing damn good!
Agree.

For Swedish fans, it is what it is. Just build from the net out and the team will have to do its best with who it has.

Finland has been over achieving for decades with rosters people underestimated.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Agree.

For Swedish fans, it is what it is. Just build from the net out and the team will have to do its best with who it has.

Finland has been over achieving for decades with rosters people underestimated.

our d would be even better if klefbom stop being hurt all the time and karlsson gets back in shape, he is still only 31.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
right

i mean, swedens forward group would be the best in entire nhl if it was an nhl team

So would any of the other Top6 teams forwards. Also Czech would have a forwardgroup better than any NHL team

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Where is the level? Canada, USA, Sweden, Russia, Finland are the only countries consistently churning out high end hockey talent. A few others are good enough to at least always qualify for the Olympics and put some players into the NHL every so often, but it's the Big 5 and everyone else, so at a minimum you would expect those countries to always be "top 5" in terms of producing forwards...

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Sweden is still good enough to win a knockout game against any of the other top countries. Keep in mind you only need to beat an opponent 1 time, there are no 7 game series in international hockey.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sweden is still good enough to win a knockout game against any of the other top countries. Keep in mind you only need to beat an opponent 1 time, there are no 7 game series in international hockey.

i dont see how we would not stand a chance in a 7 games series. we are not germany/switzerland

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Where is the level? Canada, USA, Sweden, Russia, Finland are the only countries consistently churning out high end hockey talent. A few others are good enough to at least always qualify for the Olympics and put some players into the NHL every so often, but it's the Big 5 and everyone else, so at a minimum you would expect those countries to always be "top 5" in terms of producing forwards...

have u actually taken a look at czech forwards? its no doubt its on the same level as "the big 5". the problem with czech is their d

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Let's just say it's a bit of a contemptuous sight.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
have u actually taken a look at czech forwards? its no doubt its on the same level as "the big 5". the problem with czech is their d
They don’t have the depth even at forward imo. A couple good players does not make a whole country.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Palat - Krejci - Pastrnak
Voracek - Hertl - Necas
Vrana - Zacha - Kubalik
Zadina - Faksa - Chytil

"a couple of good players"....:confused:

So, now tell me how many players from yor roster would play for Sweden, Finland or Russia. As a fan of Sweden, I would choose Pastrnak, Hertl, Necas and Faksa as a person at PK. The rest of the roster are above average NHL players but not top level. In the tournament, the Czechs can beat one of the top5 team in a group, but in the play-off, the Czechs will play one match in the QF and fly home. With the defense they have, they are eliminated in advance.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Palat - Krejci - Pastrnak
Voracek - Hertl - Necas
Vrana - Zacha - Kubalik
Zadina - Faksa - Chytil

"a couple of good players"....:confused:
yes, I stand by what I said... do you think that bottom six is good enough for an All Star Tournament? Just because the Defense is literal crap doesn't make the forwards particularly good. Czech is 6th in Forwards and 6th overall.

Reactions: Subban signed e5

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So, now tell me how many players from yor roster would play for Sweden, Finland or Russia. As a fan of Sweden, I would choose Pastrnak, Hertl, Necas and Faksa as a person at PK. The rest of the roster are above average NHL players but not top level. In the tournament, the Czechs can beat one of the top5 team in a group, but in the play-off, the Czechs will play one match in the QF and fly home. With the defense they have, they are eliminated in advance.

pastrnak, hertl, necas, palat and voracek for sure. not sure why you pick faksa. someone like William Karlsson is a lot better.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
yes, I stand by what I said... do you think that bottom six is good enough for an All Star Tournament? Just because the Defense is literal crap doesn't make the forwards particularly good. Czech is 6th in Forwards and 6th overall.

all those 6 players are good nhlers.

keep in mind that vrana, zacha, chytil and zadina are young and will be even better.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Yes, no one claims that the Czechs are adepts for the title and that they are at the level of big 5. At the same time, the attack is good enough to cause problems for any defense and there are really more than just a few good players.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->