Is Stajan that good??

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Habs4ever, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Habs4ever

Habs4ever Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    I'm seeing quiet a hype concerning Stajan by Leafs media, what is his potential, is he game breaker and is he any special???

2. PanthersRule96

PanthersRule96 Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    Its the leafs media. It explains itself.

3. DutchLeafsfan

DutchLeafsfan Registered User

Aerospace Engineering stu
    Home Page:
    I'd say he'll be a future 2nd or 3rd liner, do not expect him to be a top line forward though...

4. Hossa

Hossa Registered User

Student of the Game
    Home Page:
    Dutch said it. Stajan won't be a top scorer. He'll be a third line center, possibly a second line center if his offensive game really develops. The reason he's in the NHL is because he plays a mature game. He plays defence and isn't shy physically. His offensive ceiling isn't that high, but a good third line center can often be more important than a first line forward (see John Madden compared to Patrik Elias last year).

The Leafs (well....Canadian :rolleyes: ) media is the reason he's getting all the hype. Last year, it was Coliacovo.

5. andora

andora Registered User

great work ethic and second efforts all night.. i love him as a future third line center...

6. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Registered User

I only caught glimpses of Stajan (haven't seen a complete Leafs game yet) and he reminded me of Michal Sivek with Pittsburgh.

I liked what I saw.

7. Mr. Canucklehead

Mr. Canucklehead Kitimat Canuck

Awards:
    I haven't seen Stajan a lot by any stretch, but in the action I've seen him in he has been very impressive. Very hard working player with a pretty good skillset as well. Not a franchise/star player, but a quality 2nd/3rd liner is what I see him as as well.

~Canucklehead~

8. Brock

Brock Registered User

Home Page:
    I've always liked Stajan as a Leafs prospect, but I wasn't sure what type of role he could potentially have in the future. When watching him in juniors, it was tough to tell whether his skills would be able to translate into a top two line forward.

But after seing him in preseason and in the first game of the season (where he was the only Leafs player who actually put forth an effort), I definitely think he has a future on one of the top two lines. He's a great player and a very underrated prospect.

9. think-blue-

think-blue- Registered User

Home Page:
    The thing that stood out to me was his awareness. He definately looked liked he knew what he was doing out there. And when you couple that with the reports of his coachability and work ethic, plus some skill, you have a good prospect. 2nd-3rd liner sounds about right to me.

10. icarus

icarus Registered User

Home Page:
    I don't know if you could call him underrated, in Canada at least. Out here in the West I hear lots and lots about him and virtually nothing of the Vermettes and Higginses making their teams. Stajan may be a good prospect but I doubt he's underrated.

11. Waveburner

Waveburner Registered User

His game is not overly noticeable, and in that respect he reminds me of Andrew Cassels when he was a Canuck. Maybe not quite the same passing vision, but a little better defensively I think. Will definitely be an NHLer I think-maybe even better than Antropov, IMO anyways.

12. MentalPowerHouse

MentalPowerHouse Registered User

I liked him alot in the first NHL game. Played on a line with Antropov and Mogilny and did not look out at place at all. But he is not getting any powerplay time, and probably wont this year. But playing with those 2 skilled russians he actually <u>looked</u> like the best of the 3. The next game though didn't really notice him playing at all. Take the average of the 2 games and maybe thats what he is.

He could surprise some and put up good numbers this year, if he continues to play on that line. Good numbers for a rookie that is, say maybe 30 points if he has a good year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.