Is Soojin from (G)I-DLE a bully?

Is Soojin from G-IDLE a bully?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 19, 2008
Witness comes forward with first hand testimony of (G)-Idle Soojin's abuse of actress Seo Shin-ae - DAILY NAVER

In South Korea making false public accusations against someone else is a crime with stricter penalties than in other countries. But recently volleyball players were accused of bullying (and it was discovered that it did happen) which motivated other people to speak up who would have otherwise been silent.

There have been a spate of bullying reports in the last few days on Kpop idols both male and female. It is a little bit concerning IMO.

Sep 19, 2008
nobody in the lounge cares
This is pretty significant. I'm not sure if you know but defamation is a crime in South Korea. If you make an accusation like this you better be damn sure it's accurate and have a lot of proof, otherwise you can be sued back by the agency.

Right now CUBE is standing by Soojin and Soojin has specifically addressed the points that were accurate and not accurate, which I found admirable. But we don't know the whole story yet.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Ok, here is the issue.......ANY kind of bullying, no matter who it is, is beyond wrong and awful. Same goes for false accusations & defamation. But as Zaide pointed out, pretty much no one in the LNGE knows who this person is, thus the vote counts in the poll. I do respect, however, your feelings & concerns about this matter.

Sep 19, 2008
Ok, here is the issue.......ANY kind of bullying, no matter who it is, is beyond wrong and awful. Same goes for false accusations & defamation. But as Zaide pointed out, pretty much no one in the LNGE knows who this person is, thus the vote counts in the poll. I do respect, however, your feelings & concerns about this matter.
these are important scandals going on in south korea

Reactions: Neil Racki
Sep 19, 2008
Naeun from APRIL has basically lost all endorsements and been removed off Korean TV shows because of alleged bullying.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Soojin clearly was the bully, she came into a new school and tried to take Seo Shin Ae's crown as the cool girl. For any article yo can post with anonymous people I can post articles of actually classmates backing up that Soojin was a bitch from day one.

I get it, it was middle school but this is a big deal in S Korea and here, in this north american ice hockey message board.

#TeamSeoShinAe #shinstrong

Sep 19, 2008
Soojin clearly was the bully, she came into a new school and tried to take Seo Shin Ae's crown as the cool girl. For any article yo can post with anonymous people I can post articles of actually classmates backing up that Soojin was a bitch from day one.

I get it, it was middle school but this is a big deal in S Korea and here, in this north american ice hockey message board.

#TeamSeoShinAe #shinstrong
what about Naeun allegedly picking on Hyunjoo

Sep 19, 2008
yeah I remember when Irene was accused of bullying

again it is a serious issue in Korea and the fact that more and more stars are being accused of bullying is a bit disturbing

Naeun is a pretty big star though and her career is basically done now :(

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
if Hyunjoo's attempt at suicide was successful ... Naeun would be in jail right now. Let be serious.

BTS has been quiet on this whole thing, probably a smart move.

edit -- wow just read Naeun has been edited out of tv shows and lost her sponsorship. Wow.

This is bigger than I thought.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad