Is Ryan Getzlaf a Top 50 player in the league?

Is Ryan Getzlaf a Top 50 player in the league?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I can’t imagine that he’s not at least in the top 50, all skaters included.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Getzlaf was and may still be in the top 50 in the league but he is not any longer a top 20 or 30 player. Great player but is not what he use to be.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Edit: Changed my vote. Getzlaf had a monster year last season. He's still a top 50 player.

Last edited:

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
His 82 game consistency isn't what it once was, but when he's on he's among the most dominant players in the NHL. Still a top 10 C for me, and definitely top 50 in the NHL.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Getzlaf was and may still be in the top 50 in the league but he is not any longer a top 20 or 30 player. Great player but is not what he use to be.

He was 12th in the league in Points per game last year, with Perry as an anchor on his line. (even the year before he was a PPG)…. hes a good player in all 3 zones... still controls the game pretty well... not sure where your getting the idea hes not the same player he once was.... Perry/kesler have dropped off sure... but Getzlaf is still a dominant force.... and the emergence of guys like Rakell and potential of Kase/Terry on his wing, I wont be shocked if he is top 10 in PPG again this year.

He def should be in everyones top 50 list.... and prob in the 20-35 range somewhere.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
He scored 61 points in 56 games last season... 7th in the league in points per game the last two seasons. Im not a Ducks fan but watch them probably 40-50 games a season and Getzlaf is still a beast. When he is on his game he is basically unplayable.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
He's 33 and still dominant a lot of the time. He's a top 15 center. The list is certainly far off base

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not a huge fan of centers who can’t score goals but he is a downright elite playmaker
Given the package of his playmaking, defense, and forechecking, he's still a force as a top line center and has been for years. He's comfortably in the top 50 players. Not barely. If this was a fantasy mock draft it might be a different question because his defensive contributions don't contribute to fantasy stats.

Reactions: dukeofjive

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Given the package of his playmaking, defense, and forechecking, he's still a force as a top line center and has been for years. He's comfortably in the top 50 players. Not barely. If this was a fantasy mock draft it might be a different question because his defensive contributions don't contribute to fantasy stats.
He is Pretty good defensively yes. But he is such a poor individual shot generator that I have to dock him some.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Easily. He had 61 points in 56 games last year and 73 in 74 the year before. Not too many other players have been over a point per game the past 2 seasons combined. Plus if you watch him play it's pretty obvious he's still elite.

Reactions: dukeofjive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad