Is Rob Gronkowski a product of Tom Brady?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
There's a part of me that feels he would not have this many TD's if he he was on another team, without the ultimate luxury in football.

I feel if he's on, say, the Jaguars or Titans, he's be lucky to have 25-30 TD's instead of 70.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I see Gronk's production during the first four games without Brady is now being used as evidence against him in the same way that the 2008 season with Cassell was ridiculously used against Brady for years...

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I see Gronk's production during the first four games without Brady is now being used as evidence against him in the same way that the 2008 season with Cassell was ridiculously used against Brady for years...

The first four games where he played a total of 53 snaps due to injury?

This thread makes no sense.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
There's a part of me that feels he would not have this many TD's if he he was on another team, without the ultimate luxury in football.

I feel if he's on, say, the Jaguars or Titans, he's be lucky to have 25-30 TD's instead of 70.

Well Obviously. :rolleyes:

Did Graham benefit from playing with Brees?
Does Gates benefit from playing with Rivers?
Did Sharpe benefit from playing with Elway?
Did Coates benefit from playing with Bledsoe?
Did Kunitz benefit from playing with Crosby? :sarcasm:

Obviously if these players play with terrible QBs like Bortles they wouldn't have the same numbers. Good players playing with good players equal good results. Hardly shocking revelations here.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Oh boy ...

It's amazing someone could watch Gronk and come up with this conclusion.

This. I mean sure, playing with Brady obviously helps his overall numbers, but the guy's skill-set is superhuman even compared to other NFL players. The only knock on him is injury history.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Not at all. Guys like Edelman and Welker? Sure you could attribute much of their success to Brady. But Gronk? He'll likely be considered the greatest TE of all-time when it's all said and done.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Not at all. Guys like Edelman and Welker? Sure you could attribute much of their success to Brady. But Gronk? He'll likely be considered the greatest TE of all-time when it's all said and done.

I agree.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Nope, Gronk with any marginal QB can post up big numbers.

Tony Gonzalez never had a HOF QB throwing to him but he produced big time.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They have a symbiotic relationship. Brady benefits from Gronk and Gronk benefits from Brady. Both are perhaps the best ever at their respective position and it allows BOTH of them to get even better production.

As a Patriots fan, I certainly won't complain.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i don't think his numbers would be as ridiculous as they are without brady but there's no doubt he'd still be one of the top TE's in the league regardless of who's throwing to him

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
He does so much after the catch it's hard to say for sure. He can take a 10 yard pass to the house from your own 40. So in that respect I say no. However, his numbers are certainly buffeted in our offense. He has consistently had other weapons around him, yet teams have specifically game planned for him. But BB creates gameplans with McDaniels and Brady is able to make the throws to him. So in that respect, I would say also yes a bit.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The guy too big for corners and too fast for linebackers?

In the sense that literally everyone on the team benefits from having an elite player at an important position, yes. In the sense that Gronk would be a regular tight end without Brady? Doubtful.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Well Obviously. :rolleyes:

Did Graham benefit from playing with Brees?
Does Gates benefit from playing with Rivers?
Did Sharpe benefit from playing with Elway?
Did Coates benefit from playing with Bledsoe?
Did Kunitz benefit from playing with Crosby? :sarcasm:

Obviously if these players play with terrible QBs like Bortles they wouldn't have the same numbers. Good players playing with good players equal good results. Hardly shocking revelations here.

We all know that bum Crosby was actually a product of Kunitz.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He's a ****ing monster and he would still be a ****ing monster with me throwing him the ball

He is the most dominant TE in NFL history and Thats not even limited to receiving- He blocks like a tackle.

He is a bonafide HOFer barring catastrophic injury in the next year...and even if that happens he probably still is

It obviously helps having the GOAT throw him the ball though. But a product of him? Absolutely not. He'd be a force anywhere

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
No, because Brady doesn't do as much without him. That's not to say he props up Brady, but it's noticeable when he's out of the lineup.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I hate the Patriots as much as the next red-blooded American but it's impossible to hate Gronk. He just wants to smash through mother****ers and score touchdowns. And by God he goes out there and does it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Takes two to tango

He's a great player. Wouldn't be so great without Brady but he'd still be top 3 TE I think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad