Is right now the peak of the CBJ franchise ?

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Back in the day, MacLean did have some good trades like acquiring Ray Whitney for Kevyn Adams and a 4th round pick. I don't think we're going to get an elite player, but there are some quality players out there. The way our offense stands now, almost anyone would be an improvement.

Reactions: majormajor

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
At this point it’s an impossible task
Who would have thought that Panarin was available before that trade went down?

With the cap staying pretty much flat and teams feeling like they have recently underachieved, who knows what could happen? I wouldn't say we should count on finding an elite forward but it could happen especially if Jarmo makes it a priority.

My primary concern is keeping what we have (PLD, Jones, Werenski, etc.) and not having Torts retire before we're ready.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
@Crede777 Well, trading is one thing. You gotta make sure you get Panarin like efforts and not Carter like even if both were not too thrilled to be traded.

Signing a top UFA is completely different

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
@Crede777 Well, trading is one thing. You gotta make sure you get Panarin like efforts and not Carter like even if both were not too thrilled to be traded.

Signing a top UFA is completely different
I don't know if you can make sure of that. They tried with Gaborik and it failed. Then the comments surrounding Panarin's effort when he first arrived were more ones of pleasant surprise than expectation.

I don't think Jarmo is afraid to go out and look for a guy who they aren't sure will fit but has high end skill.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
To expect Jarmo to pull off another Panarin heist is asking the impossible. Imagine this team with a full year of Panarin and Deuchene. We'd be one of the favorites for sure to win the SC.
That's why I specifically said I wouldn't expect it, but that doesn't make it impossible. We don't really know what's possible because we don't have information on who might be available and why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->