Is Patches Done As A Notable Goal Scorer?

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Could see this happen from miles away. Guy was never a multi-faceted player. Didn't Subban feed him with some nice stretch passes in Quebecland too?

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Yep he's done bud.

This is a great thread, great 11 game sample size, and great analysis. I've never heard of a goal scorer who went through a rough patch.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I have been one of the more vocal Captain Ready detractors. For years this player has played a game where he was not engaged. Yeah, he would score his 30-35 goals a season but I never liked him and had been hoping for him to be traded. Another Habs fan had the perfect description. Pacioretty is a good scorer but a bad hockey player. That's exactly how I felt about him. For the sake of your team and GM I hope he finds his scoring touch because that's all he ever had.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I just wish his nickname would be something other than "Patches". I don't really care about how many goals he scores. LOL

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He's almost 30. Avgerage goal-scoring peak age is, IIRC, 22. Vegas paid premium for his back 9. He's not done, but don't expect to see 35/30 MaxPac much anymore.

Reactions: Playerwinner

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Pacioretty is the perfect type of player for what pittsburgh does when they just swap out crosby's winger with some pure goal scorrer every year a la kunitz, neal, hornqvist, kessel, etc. Pacioretty could probably score 35 on the pens, but I think his best days are behind him.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Totally overrated to begin with and big Z putting his head through the extension didn't help his cause.

This myth just wont disappear for some reason. Pacioretty has his most productive seasons AFTER the Chara hit. It is so puzzling how that some people haven't learned this yet.

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
There were a lot of Habs fans who thought he was ok but didn't want to give him that big payday, because people who watched him closely since he was an AHL player saw there were signs of a decline, and weren't sure he could adjust his game to no longer having an extra step on others. They were pro -trade for that reason. not because of Subban issues.

Yes that's true, logically, but when it comes to players fans tend to have emotional connections and judge based off of those emotions (to a certain extent).

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Pacioretty is the perfect type of player for what pittsburgh does when they just swap out crosby's winger with some pure goal scorrer every year a la kunitz, neal, hornqvist, kessel, etc. Pacioretty could probably score 35 on the pens, but I think his best days are behind him.

I am pretty sure that Kunitz played with Crosby, are you sure all of those guys actually played on Crosby's line? I am pretty sure that outside of the powerplay Neal and Kessel were not on a line with him that often. I know they have always mixed things up depending on the situation but I don't think they were fixtures on Crosby's line.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Hilarious how habs fans have changed opinion so fast.

Actually, the general consensus on the Habs board for at least two years before the trade was that he was a rapidly declining asset and people wanted him moved out.

A very, very low percentage of the posters there had any interest in him being re-signed.

Reactions: Harpo

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I commented that I thought Pacioretty was done as an elite scorer when Vegas traded for him. I dont think he will ever score 30 goals in a season again.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
He's not done. Put him on line with a good center and he will put up 35 goals. Vegas is a garbage team

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hilarious how habs fans have changed opinion so fast.
Most of us wanted him gone for a while. His success came from creating his own opportunities and he wasn’t showing the ability to do so here anymore.

Book’s still out, we’ll see when Stastny comes back, but it hasn’t been a good start in Vegas.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i'm a pacioretty fan, and maybe the combo of new environment, injury and no stasny...is hindering him, but man, he has been floating around the games i've watched LV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad