Is Ovechkin better than ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hrkac Circus

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Noticing that the stats do not lie I was curious on how people would respond to the comparison between the great Alexander Ovechkin and Ivan Ciernik.

This year in the AHL, the second best league in the world, Ciernik compiled 10 goals and 31 points while getting minimal playing time on the 4th line of Portland.

Meanwhile Ovechkin, who people have stated is destined for greatness, netted 13 goals in the lowly Russia Super League... only 3 more than the unheralded Ciernik. But here is the catch: Ovechkin only had 10 assists to Ciernik's 21!!

However, we can't just look at the stats. I have seen both of these players play numerous times and have come to this conclusion: While Ovechkin is the better pure goal scorer, Ivan Ciernik is far and away the better set-up man and overall hockey player.

What do you guys think?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
The Hrkac Circus said:
Noticing that the stats do not lie I was curious on how people would respond to the comparison between the great Alexander Ovechkin and Ivan Ciernik.

This year in the AHL, the second best league in the world, Ciernik compiled 10 goals and 31 points while getting minimal playing time on the 4th line of Portland.

Meanwhile Ovechkin, who people have stated is destined for greatness, netted 13 goals in the lowly Russia Super League... only 3 more than the unheralded Ciernik. But here is the catch: Ovechkin only had 10 assists to Ciernik's 21!!

However, we can't just look at the stats. I have seen both of these players play numerous times and have come to this conclusion: While Ovechkin is the better pure goal scorer, Ivan Ciernik is far and away the better set-up man and overall hockey player.

What do you guys think?
I always heard the RSL was superior to the AHL

*edit - I'm guessing that was sarcasm :banghead:

The Hrkac Circus

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Dark Metamorphosis said:
I always heard the RSL was superior to the AHL

This, my friend, is a common misconception. The AHL boasts many more quality players, such as Tony "the Hrkac Circus." You won't be finding any players of that calibre in the RSL!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The Hrkac Circus said:

What do you guys think?

well this is certainly a troll-like post, lol.

nothing to see here, move along. :razz:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:
Is Danny Roussin better than Guillame Latendresse?

Definitely!...but not for long. Guillaume Latendresse will go second in 05, and play in the NHL the same year. Roussin will be NHL ready at the same time. (All IMO)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
The Hrkac Circus said:
But here is the catch: Ovechkin only had 10 assists to Ciernik's 21!!

I know you're just kidding, but I heard the RSL gives just 1 assist. Can anybody confirm this?

Safir*

craig1 said:
I didn't know he was a Pens fan? He hasn't posted on the Pens board.

Firstly, he has only 24 posts to show for and finally take a look at his profile.;)

Deleted member 3032

Dark Metamorphosis said:
no they give out two like the nhl

Yes and no. It isn't like in the NHL where if the puck bounces off your skate you get an assist. You actually have to be (recently) an important part of the play that led to the goal. One of the overseas posters can probably explain it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad