Is Ovechkin a top 5 forward in the league?

Going into 19-20 is Ovi a top 5 forward?

• Total voters

ijuka

May 14, 2016
You could improve this poll a lot if you had more options so people could also place him top 3, top 10, top 15 etc.

Reactions: Morrison

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I don't see wants so funny.
with the exception of Stone all of them are with 0.03 PPG or higher or the last 2 years with most of them getting significantly less PP time as well.
not to mention he is pretty much less than useless defensively and doesn't really drive the play through the neutral zone that well either.
Ovechkin.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DriveFor9th

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't see wants so funny.
with the exception of Stone all of them are with 0.3 PPG or higher or the last 2 years with most of them getting significantly less PP time as well.
not to mention he is pretty much less than useless defensively and doesn't really drive the play through the neutral zone that well either.View attachment 257953

I don't understand what this image is suppose to convey so i won't comment on it. I too can make a random chart showing %'s between 1 and 100 and make Ovi look good. Explain it or don't post it.

I'll take one name on your list - Taylor Hall. Taylor Hall has never had a single better regular season in his career than Ovechkin head to head, aside from once 2 years ago. For the overall year - it's still advantage Ovechkin though, since he went on to win the Smythe with a great performance, and Hall was bounced in round 1. Taylor Hall - a strictly offensive winger. Yet you have him above Ovechkin

Mark Stone - has never scored above 73 points. His better defense can't make up for that huge gap in offense.

etc.

Reactions: stl76

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
1) McDavid
2) Kucherov
3) Crosby
4) MacKinnon
5) Kane
6) Barkov
7) Matthews
8) Bergeron
9) Giroux
10) Hall
11) Wheeler
12) Malkin
13) Marchand
14) Stone
15) Tavares
Hahahaha and this is why I requested the list...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Majority of Leafs fans only rave about goal scoring when talking Matthews and Tavares, so much hypocrisy.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Kucherov, McDavid, Mack, Crosby/Ovechkin/Kane. Choose two of the last three. I'd say yes top five but my opinion might change tomorrow. He's definitely top 6 for me though.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Only McDavid and Crosby are definitely above OV but Kucherov, Mac, and Kane likely have better arguments at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad